Posting Number: R0003390
Location: Salem Campus
Attention Current Willamette University Employees: In order to apply for posted positions, please close this window and log into your Workday account and apply through the Career worklet.
Instructions for Applicants:
Please read the following carefully before beginning the online application process.
To be considered for employment at Willamette University, please complete our online employment application. Your application and all required attachments -- listed at the bottom of the page -- must be submitted for each individual job post that you are interested in applying for. If there is an application deadline, please ensure that your application is submitted by the deadline. Once you submit your application you will not be able to edit your application.
The admission counselor represents the institution to prospective students and parents, college counselors, and alumnae, and recruits secondary school students to Willamette. Primary responsibilities include assisting students throughout the selection, application, admission, financial aid, and enrollment processes. This position facilitates recruitment activities within a specified region, and assists the Office of Admission in conducting outreach to prospective students through various communication methods. The admission counselor reports to the Director of Recruitment.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Meets and/or exceeds enrollment goals from the designated travel territory for the CLA Office of Admission.
- 8-10 weeks of admission-related travel in fall are expected, 1-2 weeks spring travel.
- Formulates individual communication plan in coordination with overall communications campaigns that support of overall admission and net revenue goals.
- Conducts extensive on- and off-campus admission interviews for prospective students.
- Conducts presentations to prospective students and their parents/families during on-campus visits.
- Application file review for admission for the assigned territory.
- Serves as a member of the Admission Committee during application file review.
- Supports and participates in associated recruitment initiatives.
- Safeguards the confidentiality of student, staff and university information by exercising discretion.
- Demonstrates the highest professional demeanor and ethical behavior while representing the University.
- Admission staff members are expected to remain current in external market conditions and identify best admission practices.
- Admission counselors also serve within internal admission teams specializing in implementing/executing a key recruitment responsibility such as: transfer recruitment, international student recruitment, technology development and training, diversity, access, and inclusion best practices, and alumni and parent engagement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required, with an appreciation for a liberal arts education.
- A willingness to travel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to describe University programs and campus culture. The ability to articulate the value and benefits of a liberal arts education to a variety of audiences is essential.
- The ability to work independently as well as establish and maintain collegial relations with other University staff, faculty and students.
- The ability to work collaboratively as a member of a close and integrated team of admission professionals.
- The ability to plan, organize and implement programs and projects related to the University's enrollment goals.
- Technology skills to support territory management, daily contact with students, faculty, staff and others, and to support the goals and mission of the University, are essential.
- Must have a strong appreciation for diversity and enthusiasm for working with diverse populations.
- An ability to learn quickly and work independently is critical, as are strong organizational skills, computer proficiency.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Extensive knowledge of or prior work experience in a University environment and undergraduate admission.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a second language.
- Experience with Slate CRM (Technolutions)
- Experience in recruiting special populations like international students or transfers.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
Typical Work Schedule:
Monday-Friday 8am-5pm, 12 months per year, occasional evenings and weekends.
All University positions require that candidates submit to a criminal conviction record check prior to hire. Conviction does not automatically preclude candidates from being hired. Nature of conviction will be considered relative to the duties of the position.
You will need to upload the following two documents as part of your application materials in the "My Experience" section labeled Resume:
- Cover letter addressing the required/desired qualifications and presenting any other applicant characteristics which deserve emphasis
- Current Resume
?Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Apply online at https://willamette.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/willametteuniversityjobs/job/Salem-Campus/Admission-Counselor_R0003390
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and to rich and rewarding communities, WU is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek candidates, particularly those from historically under-represented groups, whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.