Vice President of Academic Affairs
Chemeketa Community College welcomes applications for a full-time Vice President of Academic Affairs.
Chemeketa is a proud Hispanic-Serving Institution that aspires to be an inclusive environment where we honor and value the unique contributions of our diverse students, employees, and community. We seek to foster cultural competence and pursue equitable solutions that support all students in achieving their educational goals. If you are interested in joining the work of the college to pursue a supportive and inclusive culture, we encourage you to apply.
The VPAA acts as the college’s chief academic officer, reports directly to the President/CEO and serves on the college’s Executive Team. The VPAA is responsible for providing executive oversight and strategic guidance in the planning, development, implementation, assessment, and evaluation of all aspects of academic programming for all academic divisions. Provides leadership to develop and maintain a comprehensive academic plan and a vigorous assessment program; ensures that programs align with the College’s mission, values, strategic plan, and accreditation standards of the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. The VPAA plays an integral role with Guided Pathways, continually strengthens teaching and learning, collaborates closely with the Vice President of Student Affairs, and champions access, student success, and the closing of equity gaps in service to students and the community.
Provides leadership, oversight, and supervision of high-level executive administrative team comprised of the Executive Dean of Career Technical Education, Executive Dean of General Education and Transfer Studies, Executive Dean of Regional Education and Academic Development, Dean of Academic and Organizational Effectiveness, Director of Institutional Research and Reporting, and Dean of Center for Academic Innovation.
The VPAA serves on councils, committees, and task forces; collaborates closely with Student Affairs and other college divisions to support access, student success, persistence, and completion; and assures compliance with state and federal rules pertaining to delivery of instruction and services to students. The VPAA collaborates with Student Affairs to provide leadership in transforming the college into a Guided Pathways institution. Given Chemeketa’s location in the state capital, the VPAA represents the college and frequently advocates for the community college sector in high-profile contexts.
Closing Date: Friday, February 05, 2021
You would be challenged to find a college that matters more to its community than Chemeketa means to the residents of Oregon’s Mid-Willamette Valley. If you can affirm our mission to provide opportunities for students to explore, learn, and succeed through quality educational experiences and workforce training, then Chemeketa will be a rewarding workplace to fulfill your potential and contribute your expertise.
The Community We Serve
Chemeketa Community College is the third largest post-secondary institution in Oregon, with approximately 29,000 students enrolled from a diversity of backgrounds. Chemeketa has seven locations, Salem campus, Yamhill Valley campus, Brooks Regional Training facility, Woodburn center, Polk center, Center for Business & Industry and Viticulture at Eola. Chemeketa's district encompasses nearly 2,700 square miles of the Mid-Willamette Valley and includes all of Marion, Polk, and most of Yamhill counties with a small portion of Linn County. About 465,000 citizens live in the district, with Salem, the capitol city of the state of Oregon, comprising the largest single concentration of citizens.
We are a college community enriched by the diversity of our students, staff, and community members. Each individual and group has the potential to contribute in our learning environment. Each has dignity. To diminish the dignity of one is to diminish the dignity of us all.
Master’s degree from a regionally accredited post-secondary
Five (5) years of progressively responsible executive management experience in higher education
Two (2) years of full-time-equivalent college-level teaching experience
Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the community college mission supporting student success
- Leadership and managerial principles;
- Budgeting principles and practices;
- Accreditation standards;
- Conflict mediation principles and practices;
- Public relations principles;
- Strategic management principles and practices;
- Program management and development principles;
- Higher education principles and practices;
- Diversity, equity and inclusion principles and practices;
- Technological systems as they apply to instruction and student support.
- Applying strategic planning to effect change in a multicultural environment;
- Examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures;
- Employee development and performance management;
- Directing and providing leadership to subordinate staff;
- Providing strategic leadership;
- Planning, implementing, improving, and evaluating broad-based programs, policies, and procedures;
- Directing the development and management of budgets;
- Assisting in the administration of campus operations;
- Evaluating for compliance with applicable regulations and accreditation requirements;
- Speaking in public;
- Developing professional relationships and fostering collaboration;
- Evaluating research to identify potential solutions, resolve problems, or provide information;
- Mediating conflict.
- Develop and interpret financial data/plans and manage resources;
- Promote dedication, creativity, innovation and growth;
- Speak effectively to employees, faculty, staff and community groups;
- Use computer technology for communication, data gathering and reporting activities;
- Communicate effectively through oral and written mediums.
- Work effectively with diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
- Doctoral degree from a regionally-accredited postsecondary institution
- Community college experience
- Full-time teaching experience with a demonstrated emphasis on culturally responsive teaching and student engagement
- Experience with Guided Pathways
- Experience in leading accreditation efforts
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate, expand, and sustain productive relationships with students, faculty, staff, and external constituents
- Demonstrated experience promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion practices, bridging academic and student services to better serve minoritized students
- Demonstrated leadership in initiatives at a higher education institution
- Experience advocating for community colleges and community college students with internal and external constituents
To be considered for this position, a complete online application is required. For complete information on this and other job opportunities, please visit our web site at http://jobs.chemeketa.edu.
We are an EO/AA/ADA institution
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Brooks
- Academic Affairs Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Brooks
- Other Academic Affairs Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Brooks
- Executive Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Brooks
- Chancellors & Presidents Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Brooks