Licensed Vocational Nurse or Registered Nurse
Role and Responsibilities
The position reports to the VP, Administrative Services and HR, in the Student Health Center/First Aid Office. As an integral part of the multidisciplinary team, the LVN/RN utilizes the nursing process to provide therapeutic care to patients and is responsible for the assisting in the development and implementation of the campus Health Services Office functions. It requires a high level of professionalism, approachability, and knowledge in the field of Nursing.
Responsibilities Estimated % of Time
· Utilize the nursing process to provide therapeutic care to university students. 20%
· Assess patients by checking vital signs, perform nursing assessment, provides immunizations, perform phlebotomy and other laboratory tests. 20%
· Support the Lead Administrator for the Student Health Insurance Plans with coordination information sessions, communication, assisting with daily questions / claims, providing the vendor contact information to students, and be the liaison between the vendor, business office and students for all student health benefit needs. 10%
· Document patient care services by charting in patient and department records. 5%
· Contribute to a work environment of caring and cooperation among a culturally diverse workforce and student population. 10%
· Assist in activities of the Health Services Office conducive to the well-being of students. 10%
· Assist with the organization and implementation of outreach and education programs on campus. 5%
· Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipate needed supplies; place and expedite orders for supplies; verify receipt of supplies; use equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results. 5%
· Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations and other duties as assigned. 5%
· Other duties as assigned. 10%
Qualifications and Education Requirements
1. Current, valid LVN or RN license in good standing with the State License Board.
2. Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider card from the American Heart Association
3. Use computer, printer, and software programs necessary to the position, troubleshoot and calibrate patient care equipment, perform technical patient care activities.
4. Able to communicate effectively in English in person, in writing, and on the telephone.
5. Knowledge of principles, methods, trends and practices pertaining to health services, legal mandates, policies, regulations including the LVN/RN scope of practice concerning health services in California colleges, and program evaluation and reporting procedures.
1. Able to: distinguish colors and smells as necessary for patient care, hear sufficiently for general conversation in person and on the telephone, identify and distinguish various sounds associated with the work place/patient care, see adequately to read computer screens, medical records, and written documents necessary to position, discern temperature variances through touch.
2. Close vision, hearing/listening, and clear speech.
3. Manual hand/fingers dexterity.
4. Walking, lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds.
5. Ability to utilize office equipment such as computers and copiers
6. Combination of sedentary work, kneeling, stooping, bending, sitting, squatting, standing, etc.
7. Works with/around and has verbal and face-to-face contact with others.
8. Works indoors in an office environment majority of the time.
9. Simple to complex reading, writing, clerical, and math ability.
This post was updated 1/8/2021
Woodbury University is dedicated to celebrating diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Woodbury University is an EEO/AA institution committed to multicultural diversity in its peoples and programs. All employment decisions for all job classifications will be made on the basis of such factors as education, character, ability, skill and training, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political orientation, disability, veteran status, marital status, parental status, genetic information, membership or non-membership in any lawful organization, or any other protected status.