Assistant Professor of Design, Technical Director
Please have the letters of recommendation sent to Tim Klein at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Department of Arts and Communication at the University of Houston-Downtown invites application for one tenure-track position of Assistant Professor of Design/Technical Director beginning in Fall 2021.
Primary responsibilities include managing the design, construction, and installation of scenery, and creation of scenic, lighting, sound, and properties design for departmental productions and teaching technical theatre classes. Responsible for the upkeep of production spaces, tools, and materials. The O’Kane Theatre produces two major productions and two smaller productions per year. The TD supervises student-workers and technical theatre students. The TD maintains the scene shop tools, equipment, and facilities at the O’Kane Theatre. The teaching load includes Stagecraft, Intro to Theater, Intro to Stage Design, and other classes as needed in the area of technical theater. The successful candidate will teach two courses in the fall and three courses in the spring, receiving 9 credit hours of course release in the fall and 6 credit hours of course release in the spring for all technical design responsibilities as assigned by the Director of the O'Kane Theater.
Review of applications will begin on February 1, 2021 and continue until the position is filled. Only candidates with complete applications will be considered.
- M.F.A. in Design/Technical Direction or related area with an emphasis on theatre design
- Knowledge in range of CAD and other design programs
The University of Houston-Downtown is a public four-year university. UHD's dynamic campus is located in downtown Houston, minutes away from a thriving fine arts district. With dedicated faculty, small classes and innovative course options, UHD offers excellent educational opportunities in a wide variety of degree programs. UHD is proud of its richly diverse student population. The faculty has created a collegial community of cooperation and collaboration, pursuing opportunities to work across disciplines. The University of Houston-Downtown is an affirmative-action, equal opportunity employer.
Application materials must include:
- Cover letter
- Three letters of recommendation (with contact information)
- Provide an electronic portfolio link.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Clutch City
- Arts Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Clutch City
- Design & Graphic Arts Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Clutch City
- Performing Arts Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Clutch City