Sr. Proposal Development Specialist
Under the direction of the Director of Sponsored Research, the Senior Proposal Development Specialist will be responsible for implementation and execution of various pre-award and proposal development and submission activities in support of FBRI’s sponsored program operations. The successful candidate will assist in preparation and submission of research, outreach, and training proposals, which will include interacting with faculty, staff, and students in proposal preparation, reading and dissection of sponsor solicitations, effectively communicating proposal requirements to faculty and other proposal team members. The candidate will also assist in the technical editing, reviewing proposals for submission compliance, assembling budgets, working with sponsoring agencies as needed and working with the university Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) to meet all university requirements and deadlines for submission. This senior position will also work with the Director of Sponsored Research to develop proposal resources, policies, and processes at FBRI and disseminate updates from sponsors and the university as needed. This position has access to confidential, proprietary and sensitive information.
- Master’s degree in business administration or other related field, or equivalent training, experience, certification.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and implement complex regulations, procedures and/or compliance standards, and experience working in a complex regulatory environment.
- Demonstrated experience in budget development.
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage large volumes of work to anticipate and meet deadlines.
- A strong commitment to customer service.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel.
- Experience in an academic research environment.
- Experience with federally funded research programs, experience with NIH a plus.
- Experience in research grant and contract administration.
CRA or other applicable professional certification.
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Pamela Stell at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: January 7, 2021
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Roanoke
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Roanoke
- Research Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Roanoke
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Roanoke
- Development & Advancement Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Roanoke