Senior Administrative Coordinator
Job Title: Sr. Administrative Coordinator
The Senior Administrative Coordinator will oversee all internal administrative operations in the Office of Advancement Services (OAS) Project Management Office (PMO) and provide executive level support to the Assistant Vice President of Advancement Services and Director of Project & Change Management. This includes overseeing budget expenditures for OAS and the PMO. He/she is proactive, anticipates future needs of the AVP/Director and demonstrates responsiveness, strong customer service, independent thinking and solid judgment in a demanding and fast-paced environment. Must be able to exercise independent judgment in the resolution of administrative problems, and communicate with all levels of internal and external administrative and academic leaders, university staff and faculty and other stakeholders. The position will perform under pressure with a high degree of accuracy and diplomacy.
The Primary duties and responsibilities
- Maintain a conflict-free calendar of meetings and appointments and plan travel itineraries, ensuring efficient use of time for the AVP and Director. Arrange all aspects of travel, including but not limited to airfare, hotel, rental car and scheduled meetings.
- Prepares the AVP for meetings and presentations and works with other staff to ensure that briefing materials for appointments are prepared in advance and accurate. Requires thorough knowledge of MS Office suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Provides support for key PMO projects that may include but will not be limited to meeting planning and coordination, calendar coordination, agenda creation, document writing/editing, drafts stakeholder correspondence and assists in developing communications and presentations. Regularly proofreads and edits confidential, sensitive information. Secures approval and signature before distributing when needed.
- Compiles and analyzes data when needed. Conducts independent research and creates original content.
- Compiles data from various systems and reports. Creates related graphs and tables. Writes and edits copy and exercises appropriate discretion.
- Lead and facilitate communication with remote liaisons across Johns Hopkins University & Medicine on collaborative projects, and coordinate facilities, meetings and events.
- Mentor and partner with support staff in the departments reporting to the AVP as needed.
- Provides a range of related services in support of projects and project management for the PMO.
- Attends and provides support for OAS and institution-wide events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Budget and Financial:
- Oversees Budget of the Office of Advancement Services (OAS) and Project Management Office. Produces a variety of budget reports and presentations using information from multiple sources to address a range of requests with general guidance from AVP or PMO.
- Thorough working knowledge of SAP financial system.
- Monitor and reconcile on a monthly and annual basis the office budget for AVP, as well as budgets and expenses for divisions overseen by the AVP.
- Order supplies, special-order materials, and equipment as needed.
- Process receipts for AVP. Coordinate payment of the AVP executive credit card and administrative purchasing card (issued in own name). Coordinate payment process for external vendors. Properly document all charges and account for all receipts. Process reimbursements, online payments, and supply orders on behalf of the AVP and Director.
- Identify key issues and brief the AVP and Director. This will require special understanding of programs, initiatives, goals and objectives beyond day-to-day operational knowledge.
- Develop institutional relationships in order to work more effectively and be able to advise the AVP/PMO on communicating with various offices. Develop a sophisticated understanding of the institution and OAS partners.
- Represent the AVP/PMO to members of a broader community including DAR Executive Team, Gift Officers, University faculty, etc., with the authority to make important decisions independently. Resolve significant problems, answer questions, provide guidance, and disseminate information on behalf of the AVP/PMO.
- Recommend procedural/policy changes to improve office/organization operations.
- Complete special projects as directed for the AVP and all departments reporting to the AVP (for example, draft power point presentations for meetings with leadership, advisory boards or training presentations)
Five years related administrative
Additional education may substitute
for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU
Familiarity with Excel and database
Previous experience should be in
support of academic, business, political, research and/or
development activities and operations, providing high-level
administrative oversight, coordination, and
Strong interpersonal skills and
ability to work as part of a team or independently. Ability to
manage projects and determine
High degree of professionalism and
Strong organizational and
multitasking skills required. Strong computer literacy skills
required, including word processing and database
Thorough knowledge of Windows, Word,
Excel and PowerPoint.
Ability to learn new
Excellent writing, editing and verbal
Ability to work in a dynamic,
Knowledge of Johns Hopkins Medicine
and/or development operations highly
Works well under pressure and meets
deadlines, has the ability to synthesize, analyze,
This position requires a self-starter
who is both creative and imaginative, with excellent organizational
Excellent oral and written
Demonstrated ability to
address/resolve difficult multi-faceted
Ability to work independently with
authority and minimal
Ability to maintain confidences and
discreet, tactful behavior at all
Ability to develop and maintain sound
professional relationships among superiors, subordinates and
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore