Financial and Accreditation Specialist 998276
Xavier University invites applications for the position of Financial and Accreditation Specialist in the AACSB-accredited Williams College of Business (WCB). Xavier University is a Catholic University in the Jesuit tradition located in Cincinnati, Ohio.
The Financial and Accreditation Specialist is responsible for developing and processing information in support of the WCB’s planning and budgeting activities. In addition, this position will be responsible for developing, analyzing and reporting data used in the WCB’s accreditation processes. This includes managing the data and documentation required for program accreditation oversight and maintenance. The Financial and Accreditation Specialist reports to the WCB Associate Dean and works directly with department chairs, program directors, center directors, faculty, and staff to ensure timely completion of a variety of relevant reports.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the college’s primary budget operations expert and ensure compliance with relevant university and college policies.
- Oversee budget transactions such as purchase order requests, budget revisions, interdepartmental transfers, check requests, cash receipts, etc.
- Provide insight and analysis throughout the accreditation cycle by initiating and maintaining a reporting system to demonstrate compliance for innovation, engagement and impact.
- Maintain a system to demonstrate appropriate faculty qualifications for all majors, programs, and delivery modes.
- Prepare annual AACSB surveys, which involves collecting and analyzing data from multiples sources.
- Analyze data and prepare reports for the WCB Assessment Committee upon request.
- Support the preparation of formal accreditation reports and coordinate periodic maintenance of accreditation visits.
- Assist in developing new or modified reporting capabilities. Operates with a continual improvement point-of-view.
- Provide underlying analysis in support of short- and long-range strategic planning.
- Timely completion of ongoing college, university and external reports requiring collection, compilation, and editing of data and text from multiple contributors.
- Employ quantitative and qualitative methodology, database management, project management, and organizational tools as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications :
To be considered for the position of Financial and Accreditation Specialist, you must be a team player that works well with others and is able to lead people in the completion of significant projects, with the following strengths:
- Bachelor’s degree with a preference for majors obtained in accounting or data analytics combined with 3-5 years of related work experience.
- Strong data and computer skills that include an understanding of qualitative and quantitative methodology, and database management.
- Excellent project management skills needed to multi-task, organize and implement projects with minimal direction.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills needed to develop and deliver effective and accurate reports.
- An understanding of academic programs, university policies and procedures, and administrative systems preferred (experience with Banner would be an asset).
- Experience with accreditation a plus.
Xavier is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment; we welcome a broad spectrum of candidates, and particularly invite applications from ethnic and racial minorities, and other individuals who are under-represented in the work force.
To ensure consideration for this position, interested and qualified applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and names and phone numbers of three professional references through the Xavier University's website by January 21, 2021 .
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Accreditation Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Institutional Research & Planning Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati