City Colleges of Chicago (CCC), the largest community college system in Illinois, is made up of seven colleges. We provide more than 80,000 students each year access to a quality, affordable education. CCC supports students in meeting their goals – whether that is in pursuit of a credential to head into or advance in the workforce, an associate degree with the intention to transfer to a four-year college, free GED or ESL courses, or continuing education. CCC seeks candidates committed to our students’ success and offers a unique opportunity for faculty and staff to have a lasting impact in our students’ lives.
- Under general supervision, this position is responsible for working with the District Director of Employee Benefits to administer and implement City Colleges of Chicago’s employer based and voluntary benefit plans in compliance with federal, state and local regulations and established City Colleges of Chicago (CCC) policies. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for working directly with the District Director of Employee Benefits to ensure the Benefits Division is compliant in the administration and implementation of employee benefit plans in accordance with federal, state and local regulations and established City Colleges of Chicago policies.
- Maintains accurate and complete files on benefit provider/carriers regarding plan descriptions, contracts, amendments and other benefit related documents.
- Processes employee new hires, changes and terms at employee, client and carrier level.
- Administers Personal Care Payments (PCP) for IEA-NEA and AFSCME unions.
- Coordinates the annual open enrollment process under the direction of the District Director of Benefits.
- Processes benefit plan enrollments, transfers and renewals through input to the Human Resources system. The Benefits Specialist must ensure that any changes to an employee's coverage---e.g. adjustments to the number of dependents or modifications requested during open enrollments---are correctly keyed into the system.
- Prepares and conducts benefit orientation meetings for new hires and/or existing CCC employees promoted from non-benefit eligible positions to benefit eligible positions.
- Ensures cohesion among sources of information shared between CCC administration, Unions, third-party administrators and/or insurance carriers.
- Serves as liaison between Benefits and other internal departments.
- Audits and monitors payroll reports and benefits eligibility reports by job code or other methods; ensures that all staff deductions and payments for benefits are properly accounted for and remitted in a timely manner. Investigates discrepancies and provides information in non-routine situations in a timely manner.
- Responds to requests from employees regarding eligibility and coverage issues.
- Manages flexible spending and other voluntary benefit plans.
- Drafts and ensures accuracy of benefit communication materials.
- Performs other benefits related duties/projects as assigned.
- Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Accounting, or related field required with three to five years of progressively responsible relevant benefits, accounting and payroll experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be able to present information, which may be complicated in nature, in a clear and concise manner.
- Must have good analytical and research skills.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft applications, and have advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint. PeopleSoft experience highly desirable.
- Must be able to work well with employees at all levels of the organization and possess the ability to handle all situations with tact and diplomacy confidentiality with minimal supervision.
- Must be self-directed, organized, innovative and able to assess current operations in an effort to develop practical solutions to improve the functioning of the department.
- Must be able to complete tasks in a timely manner and maintain all information in a highly confidential manner.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Grants & Contracts Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago