Maryville University is accepting applications for the position of
Adjunct instructor for the course NURS 700 Principals of
Epidemiology and Biostatistics in the online Doctor of Nursing
This course introduces the student to epidemiology and advanced
biostatistics. The focus of this class is the application of
Epidemiology and Population Health principles designed to improve
the health of aggregate groups, which includes issues such as
public and global health, disease surveillance and prevention, and
outbreak analysis. The application of biostatistics in epidemiology
and the role of the DNP in this specialty area is emphasized.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the
• Providing instruction in the course based on provided
• Assisting students in achieving course objectives
• Moderating and guiding students in online discussions
• Scheduling and holding office hours using online conferencing
• Grading and providing substantive feedback within 5 days.
• Respond to student emails in 24-48 hours
• Adhering to the online adjunct instructor expectations as
outlined in the contract.
• Terminal degree in epidemiology or other related field
• Experience teaching in epidemiology/population health and
• Experience in research methods including but not limited to
employment in public health activities relevant to epidemiology and
• Online teaching experience
• Experience with Canvas
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of
a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment
authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity
and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability,
gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin,
race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or
any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of
the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring,
training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and