Physician-Primary Care (MOVMG) - 133
West Virginia University School of Medicine and the Community Practice Department seeks a Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Medicine-Pediatrics primary care physician (ranks available: Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor). The successful candidate will be expected to practice in Parkersburg, WV.
Depending on operational needs, a successful candidate may also be assigned to provide services at additional worksites in West Virginia, Maryland, and Pennsylvania. In such instances, travel would be anticipated and expected to fulfill said duties at these additional sites.
Duties: The successful candidate will practice in the areas of primary care. In addition to providing excellent patient care, the successful candidate will also be actively involved in teaching medical students, residents, and fellows.
Qualifications: Candidate must have an MD or DO degree or foreign equivalent and be eligible for state medical license. Successful candidate must have completed a Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Medicine-Pediatrics residency program. Successful candidates must be board certified / eligible in a Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Medicine-Pediatrics. All qualifications must be met by the time of appointment.
The Department of Community Practice is not an ordinary primary care setting. With WVU Medicine you can take advantage of:
• Employment with a unique and competitive compensation model including an attractive benefits package
• Provide quality care in private practice like settings in local communities with the opportunity to utilize the resources of a prestigious academic medical center
• Integrated system that assists providers with routine tasks and mandated regulations allowing you to focus on patients, families, and complex medical decision making
WVU Medicine is West Virginia University’s affiliated health system, West Virginia’s largest private employer, and a national leader in patient safety and quality. The WVU Health System is comprised of fourteen member hospitals and seven hospitals under management agreements, anchored by its flagship hospital, J.W Ruby Memorial Hospital in Morgantown, a 700+ bed academic medical center that offers tertiary and quaternary care. WVU Medicine has more than 1,000 active medical staff members and 18,000 employees who serve hundreds of thousands of people each year from across the state of West Virginia and the nation.
Nestled within a community of about 90,000 residents, the city of Parkersburg is centrally located in the Mid-Ohio Valley along the Ohio River. Parkersburg and Wood County provide low crime rates, low commuting times and state-of-the-art healthcare facilities, combined with lower-than-average cost of living, excellent education systems and an abundance of close-proximity outdoor activities. The area is a premier choice to raise a family, retire, or just enjoy a better overall quality of life. Because of its convenient location, Parkersburg is a short drive to multiple major metropolitan areas such as Columbus, OH and Pittsburgh, PA.
Build your legacy as you serve, teach, learn and make a difference from day one. To learn more, visit http://wvumedicine.org/morgantowncareers.
For additional questions, please contact Kari Roupe, Senior Physician Recruiter, at firstname.lastname@example.org
West Virginia University & University Health Associates are an AA/EO employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – and WVU is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here .
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)