Assistant Professor of Social Work and Field Education Coordinator
A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's existing academic success. The successful candidate will be dynamic, energetic, creative, and engaging, and will demonstrate commitment to a liberal arts mission and to quality teaching and learning methods. They must be committed to the highest ethical standards and demonstrate effective leadership and teamwork skills. The availability to teach evening and weekend courses, as well as commitment to the First Year Experience, is essential. Candidates that incorporate issues of inclusive excellence, diversity, and social justice within their curriculum are especially encouraged to apply.
- Instruction of courses in the Social Work degree program, specifically SOW 411: Social Work Field Practicum and Seminar I, and SOW 412: Social Work Field Practicum and Seminar II, as well as in any of the additional four curriculum areas: Human Behavior in the Social Environment (HBSE), policy, research, and methods/practice
- Supervise, coordinate, support, and guide students in their field placement experience for students in the Department of Social Sciences
- Oversee the process of arranging a field placement for each student
- Recommend community agencies for potential placement of student interns
- Student advisement
- Program development and maintenance
- Service to the University, including departmental meetings, committee work, and other duties as assigned
- Representing the University during community activities in the area
- Continued professional growth as evidenced by research, publication, involvement in professional associations and continuing education
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Willingness to engage in community partnership and program development.
- Commitment to the development of our students as competent bachelor level social workers, able to demonstrate skills of client engagement and support, leadership, quality, the quest for social and economic justice in local and global communities, and dedication to continuous professional growth and development.
- Demonstrated familiarity with social work practice with people of African descent and knowledge of the contributions of women and people of color to the discipline.
- Familiarity with the generalist, ecological and ethnic-sensitive models of social work practice.
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to teach in field and as many as possible of the four additional areas of the social work curriculum (HBSE), policy, research, and methods/practice).
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the State of Florida
- Experience with field instruction and/or agency supervision
- Experience teaching or learning in an online environment as indicated on the curriculum vitae.
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential nature in the utmost professional manner.
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills . Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and time management skills . Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse constituents .
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, initiative, resourcefulness, and personal accountability.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of average-weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Note: In compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA), those functions of the job which are identified essential are required to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations. Requests to facilitate the performance of essential functions will be given careful consideration.
- An earned doctorate from an accredited institution in Social Work or a related discipline, AND an earned MSW or MSSW from a program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE), with a minimum of two years post-MSW practice experience; or, an earned MSW or MSSW from a CSWE-accredited program, and a minimum of five years of post-master’s social work practice experience
- ABD candidates with degree completion within nine months of hire date will be considered
- Experience in teaching a minimum of three (3) different courses at a post-secondary education institution as indicated on the curriculum vitae
- Mastery of technology in the classroom are necessary
- Extensive hours and weekends will be required at times.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background-check and drug testing.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if applicable.
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a list of three professional references (at least one from a previous employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Social Work & Human Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Other Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens