Information Technology Business/Technical Analyst I
Job Posting Title Information Technology Business/Technical Analyst I Location Los Rios Community College District (District Office) Department Location Information Technology Department Posting Number C01371P The Institution
The Los Rios Community College District is the second-largest, two-year public college district in California, serving approximately 75,000 students in the greater Sacramento region. The District’s 2,400 square mile service area includes Sacramento and El Dorado counties and parts of Yolo, Placer, and Solano counties and is comprised of four uniquely diverse colleges – American River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake, and Sacramento City colleges. In addition to each college’s main campus, the District offers educational centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk Grove, Natomas, and Rancho Cordova.
The Los Rios District Office is centrally located in the heart of the Sacramento valley. The growing Capital Region has strong communities and emergent arts and dining scenes, and is nearby some of the most celebrated tourist destinations in the country – Lake Tahoe, Napa Valley, and San Francisco. The Sacramento area is a great place to live and work.
The District has approximately 6,000 employees throughout our four colleges and District Office complex. The District Office is centrally located between all four colleges and provides welcoming, inclusive, and equitable environments for Los Rios students, employees, and our community partners. Our departments strive for the highest quality in all programs, services, and activities, and are focused on advancing the learning of our diverse student population through improved academic and social outcomes.
Our Colleges offer equity-minded, academically rigorous, student success centered education. Our objective is to help our students successfully achieve their academic goals, whether they want to transfer to a four-year college or university, earn an associates degree, or obtain one of more than 100 certificates in high demand career fields.
The Information Technology Business/Technical Analyst I is an experienced, senior-level technical or business specialist. Incumbent has primary responsibility for Business or Technical Analysis on multiple systems at the College-wide or District-wide level. The Information Technology Business/Technical Analyst I is primarily responsible for first line functional and/or technical support of designated business areas. The Information Technology Business/Technical Analyst I operates with routine oversight. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting Job Descriptions click here ].
This position is assigned to the Information Technology department.
An Information Technology Business/Technical Analyst I is primarily responsible for one of the areas below:
1. Support and maintain the PeopleSoft Student Information System ( SIS ). Areas include Student Financials, Student Records, Student Self Service, and other student-centric modules. This position is tasked with supporting and facilitating the optimization of related business processes to streamline the workflow for students and staff. The position works closely with college and district staff to resolve IT issues related to the student support modules.
2. Developing Net, PHP, HTML, Perl and SAP Crystal Reports; assisting in maintaining District web pages and reporting system. Supporting SQL Server database(s) and ETL process. The position works primarily with Web Server architecture, including but not limited to .Net,, XML, Web Services, Java, Oracle SQL, and PeopleSoft applications and architecture.
3. Support and maintenance of the PeopleSoft Financials and/or HR systems. The position will assist in supporting Purchasing and Financial modules and/or Payroll and HR modules. This position is tasked with supporting and facilitating the optimization of related business processes to streamline the workflow for staff. Work closely with college and district staff to resolve IT issues related to the Financial and/or HR business and system processes
Los Rios Community College District offers competitive salaries and a very comprehensive employee benefits package to include medical insurance, CalPERS retirement, and opportunities for additional insurance and financial investments.
Full-time, twelve-month employees receive 17 days of annual paid holidays, 15 days’ vacation yearly (with increases after 5 & 10 years) and 8 hours of sick leave per month. Los Rios also offers extensive professional development opportunities with the district and financial support and/or paid time off to complete external academic studies. (See full LRCEA contract agreement details.)
Operations (including security, performance, problem resolution, and budgets):
• Business Analyst – Primary responsibility for business analysis at college-wide or district level.
• Technical Analyst – Primary responsibility for analysis, development, and maintenance of technical applications that support college-wide or district-wide level functions. This includes but is not limited to the ERM (enterprise resource management system – ERM ).
• Be able to research, set-up, and configure system functionality per existing, created, or delivered documentation on any system that supports the District.
• Primary focus to provide business analyst and/or technical analyst support for one or more similar systems or business areas (such as multiple modules in a functional domain and/or an interface that supports the primary focus).
• Secondary focus is assist in research, configuration, setup, and/or development of specific modules across functional domains and across multiple technical platforms.
• Business Analyst – May maintain multiple functional applications and/or multiple servers for one or more similar systems and/or related functional area.
• Technical Analyst – Performs installation and patching of software for development and production assigned systems.
• Technical Analyst – Analyzes and resolves technical issues.
• Works with vendor to resolve problems.
• Provides vendor with enhancement requests.
• Creates scripted procedures and/or programming to automate support functions.
• Monitors performance, availability, and capacity of assigned functional applications.
• Performs analysis, application, and migration of patches to the assigned functional applications, both in development and production.
• Maintains relevant technical documentation for District Information Technology.
• Conducts internal and external research to gather data and objectives/guidelines for organization-wide information systems.
• Conducts various types of analysis including alternative, business applications, cost benefit, data, feasibility, impact, technical, and/or workflow processes.
• Advises on project and system feasibility.
• Monitors the service delivery of information systems and recommends needed changes or improvements.
• Conducts analysis using tools and techniques to address business application issues.
• Uses established industry methods and standards for conducting research, developing models, and performing statistical analysis.
• Develops business models.
• Designs and develops application.
• Supports development and production application environments per vendor standards.
• Analyzes, detects, and corrects technical problems and deficiencies.
• Supports production control and operational activities.
• Researches, identifies, and documents business and system requirements.
• Designs, codes, tests, and implements pages and programs; creates timelines and documentation as needed.
• Translates and simplifies requirements for technical design.
• Creates functional requirements in use cases; coordinates requirements walk-through and sign-offs; verifies with user representatives/stakeholders that use cases and process models accurately portray specific business needs.
• Provides/develops technical documentation for existing and delivered system applications across functional domains.
• Participates in projects and provides task definitions and time estimates within assigned role.
• Performs project planning and management for small and medium sized projects and software patch cycles.
• Manages on-going priorities, schedules, and task completions.
• Provides development for multiple projects.
Organizational Support and Leadership:
• Attends vendor training (off-site or web-based).
• Assists and provides coverage for other Information Technology staff in similar roles.
• Maintains knowledge and provides advice in the business areas supported.
• Evaluates potential software solutions, including off-the-shelf and open source components, and the system architecture to ensure that they meet business requirements.
• Leads functional business process re-engineering teams and continuous improvement efforts.
• Acts as liaison between Information Technology departments and customer business units.
• Researches vendor sites for technical information/updates, new product updates, and future trends.
• Participates in long-range Information Technology planning and related cost analysis within assigned area.
• Following established plans, implements system architectures, policies, and procedures, additions, replacements, upgrades, or retirement of computer, network, database, or application systems.
• Performs related duties as required.
Additional Information Work Year 12 month Work Schedule
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday
Total Hrs per Week/Day 40 hours per week Special Requirements Minimum Qualifications
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE : A Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences, management information systems, engineering, or closely related field and two years’ experience directly related to the job duties, OR a Bachelor’s degree and four years’ experience directly related to the job duties.
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
Education must be from an accredited institution.
1. A completed Los Rios Community College District Classified Application (required).
2. Resume (recommended).
3. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work showing degree completion or conferral date (required).
4. Two (2) letters of recommendation (recommended).
5. Letter of Interest (recommended).
● Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified.
● Applicants indicating “see resume” on the online application will be disqualified.
● Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as official transcripts.
● It is the responsibility of Los Rios Community College District employees to also provide official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position. (Within 60 days of the time of hire, employees are required to submit official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position).
● Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents.
● A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
● Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
Physical Demands Salary $7,431.32 per month LRCCD Salary Schedules Additional Salary Information No additional salary information to note
Posting Date 01/07/2021 Closing Date 01/21/2021 Open Continuously No Beginning and/or Ending Dates
How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. Application services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 during our business hours.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting closing date.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.
Quicklink https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/14985 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Have you ever been convicted of an offense other than a minor
traffic violation (you must disclose convictions that have been
dismissed pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008)?
If yes, complete Form No. P-881 by clicking on the following link
and downloading the form to your computer: http://wserver.losrios.edu/hr/forms/P-881,10-2013.pdf
Attach the completed form with your application to this posting.
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position?
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to –
where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- D'Primeramano Magazine
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Handshake (CSU, UC Job Boards)
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- LRCCD Resource Group - API (Asian Pacific Islander Legacy)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Black Faculty & Staff Association (BFSA)
- LRCCD Resource Group Native American Collaborative (NAC)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Spectrum (LGBTQIA+)
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- The HUB
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime Document
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento