Web Marketing Specialist
The Web Marketing Specialist is an entry-level position that provides basic website design and development for official Fort Lewis College websites and other digital initiatives. The specialist will also provide help desk support for offices and departments looking to update the content on their websites. The employee will be a team player who is detail-oriented and can manage multiple tasks throughout each day.
- Website development certification such as Microsoft Certified Professional or an Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Art, Business, Marketing, Communication, or a related field.
- Ability to code HTML and CSS.
- 2 years of professional website design experience.
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse communities
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Art, Business, Marketing, Communication, or a related field.
- Graphic design experience and familiarity with the Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Ability to write clear and concise web copy for a prospective student audience.
- Understanding of search engine optimization best practices.
- Understanding of web content ADA compliance issues and how to resolve them.
- Experience using and developing for content management systems.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Familiarity with the Fort Lewis College culture.
- Provide help desk support for offices, departments, and programs that need to update content and graphics on their websites.
- Provide support and training to content management team members.
- Create and modify HTML and CSS templates.
- Design and create new websites and web pages within the current content management system and templates.
- Create and optimize website graphics.
- Perform keyword research and ensure content is optimized for search engines.
- Conduct user experience (UX) testing with website audiences.
- Ensure content is ADA compliant.
- Ensure that the usability, user experience, and visual quality of FLC web properties meet with the defined standards and style guides.
- Meet project deadlines set by management.
- Maintains knowledge and awareness of digital accessibility including the American with Disabilities Act and Section 508.
- Produces and remediates digitally accessible materials in accordance with FLC standards
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee can expect while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic).
- Ability to work in a confined area.
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
The salary range is $49,500 to $53,000 plus a comprehensive benefits package. The anticipated start date is February 22, 2021.
A complete application packet includes:
- Cover letter addressing interest and qualifications for position
- Include details regarding how your personal and professional experiences allow you to encourage a learning environment grounded in equity and inclusion. “How do you envision contributing to Fort Lewis College’s commitment to equity and inclusion?”
- A listing of 3 to 5 websites or digital projects that you have contributed to, noting your role in the project
- Names and contact information for three current, professional references
Submit materials as one PDF file via email to:
Application materials received by February 1, 2021, will receive full consideration.
The position will remain open until filled.
The successful candidate will be required to submit original, official college transcripts,
and pass a background check.
Fort Lewis College does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin, sex*, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, family or domestic status, political beliefs, veteran status, pregnancy, or genetic information. Accordingly, equal opportunity for employment shall be extended to all persons. The College shall promote equal opportunity, equal treatment, and affirmative action efforts to increase the diversity of students, faculty, and staff. The College is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment.
To file a report, get resources, read policies, or make an appointment, See www.fortlewis.edu/CARE.
Questions about Title IX sex discrimination?
Office of the Title 9 Coordinator
230 Skyhawk Station
1000 Rim Drive
Durango, Colorado 81301
(970) 247-7241 firstname.lastname@example.org
Other discrimination questions?
Office of the Equal Opportunity Coordinator
192 Education Business Hall
1000 Rim Drive
Durango, Colorado 81301
(970) 247-7182 email@example.com
Information about Fort Lewis College’s alcohol and drug policy, sexual assault policy, campus security policies, campus crime statistics, fire safety procedures and fire statistics, and campus/community resources can be found in the https://www.fortlewis.edu/annualsecurityreport" href="https://www.fortlewis.edu/annualsecurityreport" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" data-auth="NotApplicable">Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. Hard copies are available upon request.
* Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and Part 106 of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex, including in admission and employment. Inquiries about the application of Title IX and CFR 106 to Fort Lewis College may be directed to FLC's Title IX Coordinator and/or to the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights of the Department of Education.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Durango
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Durango
- Computer Services & Information Technology Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Durango
- Public Relations & Marketing (Campus) Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Durango