Assistant Director, Employer Engagement (64997BR) - W. P. Carey School of Business at ASU
The W. P. Carey School of Business Career Management and
Employer Engagement (CMEE) team is changing how we work with our
recruiting partners. We are a team that is growing and
evolving! The Assistant Director of Employer Engagement role
operates in a dynamic environment consulting client that are
working to bring strong talent into their organizations, and
ensuring the work at the intersection of student and employer
engagement is a high-value and high-impact experience.
The Employer Engagement team helps firms optimize their engagement at W. P. Carey (WPC), build on their on-campus employment brand, and navigate the complex university landscape. The team at large works in collaboration with our Operations and student-facing Career Management teams. Other internal and external facing partners throughout the school including faculty, staff leaders and student led organizations are also partners in our work.
This position is based at ASU’s Tempe Campus. Due to COVID-19, all staff (as of this posting date) are working remotely. When safe to do so, staff will return to working on campus. Training for this position may occur remotely.
- Manage existing recruiting client relationships from the Manufacturing & Logistics portfolio including, but not limited to, the consumer-packaged goods, retail, transportation and logistics, automotive, and wholesale trade industries.
- Assess client talent needs to determine how to best prioritize and add value to their engagement with CMEE, WPC and the entire ASU community.
- Stay up to date on the business news, employment trends, and considerations for the industries within the portfolio.
- Collaborate with the other Assistant Directors of Employer Engagement, Corporate and Alumni Engagement, and the team’s student-facing experts to make recommendations to the clients on their annual talent plans. Being considerate of how to be credible and influential to align with the firms’ goals and aspirations for their on-campus presence and employment brand awareness will be critical to consider.
- Assess and conduct an annual plan for both in- and out-of-state site visits to build relationships with current and perspective employers. Nurturing deeper relationships, an understanding of the industries within the respective portfolio, and how our students are performing relative to competitor schools will be key outcomes.
- Work with the Director of Employer Engagement to determine the optimal ways to define client communications at a large scale, industry specific and/or individual level to determine key messages that are relevant, timely, and address the clients’ talent planning and hiring cycles.
- Work in conjunction with the entire CMEE team to define annual planning cycles that include business reviews, on-campus recruiting and other forms of engagement with our students. This includes determining relevant channels, content, and timeline within the strategic planning process.
- Work with the entire CMEE leadership team to define, agree upon, and report out on industry recruiting partnerships and outcomes.
- Work to help define how we streamline the recruiting experience for our clients including processes improvement and implementation.
- Work in collaboration with the Operations team to ensure inbound opportunities are addressed and understood fully, as part of the broader industry specific portfolio.
- Promote WPC students through various and relevant channels for sourcing talent.
- In conjunction with the CMEE leadership team, develop targeted feedback mechanisms to inform student programming and identify opportunities for the most relevant client engagement opportunities.
- Work across the WPC and ASU community to look for opportunities to partner and/or introduce employers.
- Represent WPC/CMEE and serve on various department and university committees.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND six (6) years of related administrative experience, which includes three (3) years of supervisory experience; OR, Ten (10) years of related administrative experience, which includes three (3) years of supervisory experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Evidence of a Bachelor’s degree from an AACSB accredited university
- Evidence of a Master’s degree from an AACSB accredited university in Business, Human Resources, Marketing and/or Communications or related area
- Experience in relationship management by working with internal and external clients, employers, alumni, faculty, and students
- Demonstrated knowledge of a client-focused and problem-solving approach to working with colleagues
- Evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills including the decision making to define optimal approach and key messages
- Demonstrated knowledge of using critical thinking skills to help solve business problems and make decisions
- Experience in successfully adapting and engaging in change management environment
- Experience in working with clients and colleagues to effectively deliver presentations and ideas
- Experience in managing time and prioritizing projects to meet deadlines
- Experience with Microsoft office applications (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and CRM tools
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse
- Required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts
- Clearly communicate to perform essential functions
- Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals
The W. P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University is
one of the largest business schools in the United States with more
than 15,000 students and 100,000 alumni worldwide. From our
world-renowned faculty representing six continents to thousands of
outstanding students who join us every year, the W. P. Carey School
welcomes diversity and encourages global thinking. The W. P. Carey
School is internationally recognized for its leadership in business
education, groundbreaking research and innovation, and renowned
faculty, making us one of the top-ranked business schools in the
country. Learn more at wpcarey.asu.edu.
ASU StatementArizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Asu
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Asu
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Asu
- Student Affairs Administrative $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Asu
- Career Services Administrative $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Asu