Research Assistant I
The Baylor College of Medicine Human Genome Sequencing Center (BCM-HGSC) is one of three large-scale sequencing centers funded by the National Institutes of Health. As one of the three major centers in the United States, the BCM-HGSC provides a unique opportunity to work with cutting edge genomic science.
The candidate should be experienced in basic protocols in molecular biology and be a quick learner. The candidate should be able to work independently and within a team to process samples in the production pipeline. He/she should be flexible and adapt to the clinic environment and commit to finishing goals in a timely manner. Qualified candidates should be good at multi-tasking, problem-solving, and have strong communication skills.
• Perform sample production following SOPs.
• Document experiment procedures. Collect, compile, evaluate and analyze data. Interpret detailed assay procedures and test results.
• Prepare reagent, solutions, and oligos used for production.
• Update LIMS, sample tracking and project summary using Excel sheets.
• Perform routine laboratory equipment maintenance and log records as required.
• Troubleshoot problematic results.
• Track the inventory for reagents and report to team lead when furthering order is needed.
• Assist team lead in laboratory management.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or a related field.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Master's degree in a related field.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston