Associate Vice President and Chief Human Resource Officer 999929
Open to Current Xavier University Employees Only
Xavier University invites applications for the position of Associate Vice President and Chief Human Resource Officer. The Associate Vice President for Human Resources is responsible for providing the overall strategic leadership of the Office of Human Resources in support of Xavier’s mission, its Jesuit Catholic tradition and long-term strategic goals in collaboration with executive administrators. In addition, the incumbent provides strategic and operational planning and support for all human resources functions. The position reports to the Administrative Vice-President and oversees a current staff of nine.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that human resources systems and processes are in place to support the University’s strategic and tactical goals.
- Assist the President and the Direct Reports in the development and implementation of their strategic plans, ensuring the human resources impact of their plans are understood and accounted for.
- Provide strategic consultation and guidance to all levels of administration, faculty and staff concerning human resource matters with a high degree of confidentiality, integrity, and judgment.
- Supervise the development and implementation of systems for the Office of Human Resources to track its performance.
- Work as an internal consultant across the University as structures and staffing are modified to improve performance. Assist and coach managers to maximize the utilization of their human resources.
- Serve as the University’s Affirmative Action Officer and work collaboratively with Vice President, Institutional Diversity and Inclusion to achieve University goals related to diversity, inclusion, and equity.
- Oversight of recruitment, employment, compensation, benefits and wellness, employee relations, human resources information systems, workforce planning, and training and development including the hiring, on-boarding and termination processes for all employees.
- Oversee the performance appraisal process for staff and executives.
- Manage and monitor all Office of Human Resources’ budgets, fiscal operations and reports.
- Provide direct supervision for a Director, Total Compensation & HRIS; Human Resources Business Partners; Manager, Talent Acquisition; HR Coordinator; and HR Assistant.
- Models a highly functioning, customer service, and solutions-oriented Office of Human Resources.
- Ensure communication systems and processes are up-to-date and in place so that employees of the University receive information they need on a timely basis and that programs exist to elicit information from employees in all pertinent areas affecting utilization of human resources.
- Respond to sensitive employee issues or other human resources-related problems with timely, effective solutions.
- Oversight of the University’s compliance with employment, tax and benefit related laws and regulations.
- Formulate, recommend and maintain Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Perform other related responsibilities as requested.
- An understanding of and commitment to Xavier University’s mission and its Jesuit Catholic tradition.
- A bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Psychology or related field.
- A minimum of seven years recent management and Human Resources experience with evidence of progressive responsibility.
- An understanding of employment; position classification; employee relations; benefit development, design and administration; compensation; human resource information systems; affirmative action and employee development.
- Thorough knowledge of the federal and state regulations governing human resources functions.
- Excellent communication and team working skills with a widely diverse set of individuals.
- An exceptionally strong orientation toward a proactive human resources operation which emphasizes “service” to user departments and employees.
- Strong at building and establishing proactive employee relations programs and cultures and the ability to mentor and advise executives, deans, department chairs, and middle management personnel regarding a wide variety of human resources issues.
- A master’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Psychology or related field
- PHR or SPHR certification
- Direct experience in employment; position classification; employee relations; benefit development, design and administration; compensation; human resource information systems; affirmative action and employee development
- Working knowledge of Ellucian Banner, SilkRoad, Equifax, and Benefit Focus systems
Xavier is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment; we welcome a broad spectrum of candidates, and particularly invite applications from women, ethnic and racial minorities, and other individuals who are under-represented in the work force.
To ensure consideration, by January 21, 2021 interested candidates must submit: 1. brief cover letter, 2. current resume, 3. names and contact information for three professional references, and 4. an essay of not more than three pages that addresses the following - What are the three most pressing issues facing human resources in higher education? And what is your view of those issues at Xavier?
External applicants will not be considered for this position.
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Chief Academic Officers & Vice Presidents Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Human Resources Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati