Accessibility Training Specialist
The Digital Accessibility Office encourages applications for an Accessibility Training Specialist to develop and deliver trainings on digital accessibility.
We are looking for an individual with high technical proficiency and strong strategic, creative and planning skills that will enable them to communicate, facilitate, and drive digital accessibility awareness and education on the CU Boulder campus.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The goal of the Digital Accessibility Office (DAO) is to improve the accessibility of the digital campus environment and increase opportunities for participation in the digital life of the university for individuals with disabilities by:
- Supporting faculty and staff delivering digital services and content.
- Supporting and evaluating compliance with university digital accessibility policies.
- Directly supporting specific users.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Build and deliver accessibility trainings for campus and help constituents and partners understand their responsibilities under campus policies and standards.
- Advise campus employees on specific accessibility topics or questions and collaborate with campus partners on training and professional development projects.
- Develop and implement a marketing and communication plan for trainings and consultations, including crafting and managing delivery of monthly accessibility newsletter.
- Connect campus constituents with specialists and resources on accessibility, usability, and universal design.
What You Should Know
- This position is a part-time, 50% appointment.
What We Can Offer
The hiring pay range for this 50% appointment is $27,500 - $32,500 annually.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Ambitious. Be Innovative. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s degree.
- One year of experience that includes at least one of the following:
- Training or advising on the topic of digital accessibility.
- Direct user support for digital accessibility.
- Course or curriculum design or course support.
- IT support or consulting focused on training end users.
- A master’s degree or higher in a related field can be substituted for job experience.
What You Will Need
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work with a variety of abilities, personalities, professions, and roles.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills; ability to balance multiple projects and priorities.
- Ability to translate technical issues to non-technical audiences and communicate information at the appropriate level.
- Familiarity with current WCAG standards (presently WCAG 2.1), accessibility principles, Section 508, and the ADA.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience working in a higher education environment and interacting with faculty.
- Experience in digital accessibility training or education.
- Experience creating documents in accordance with digital accessibility standards in software such as Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, and experience creating accessible PDFs.
- Experience applying Universal Design for Learning to create educational content.
- IAAP Certified Professional in Accessibility Core Competencies (CPACC).
- Experience with current assistive technology tools such as screen readers, screen magnifiers, and text-to-speech tools.
- Master’s or PhD in a relevant field.
- Experience with the Canvas LMS.
- Knowledge of current and emerging digital accessibility issues and practices in a higher education context.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by 1/18/2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu