Job Description Summary
The Materials Engineering Program in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Auburn University invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position in the Samuel Ginn College of Engineering. Exceptional candidates with interests in research and teaching in all areas of materials science and engineering will be considered. Candidates will be considered at the assistant professor level, but exceptional candidates at the associate or full professor levels may be considered. Research areas of particular interest include: computational materials science; bio-related materials; advanced composites; additive manufacturing; energy-related materials; and environmental materials science.
candidate must be professionally trained in materials science and engineering or a closely related field and hold a PhD from an accredited institution at the time of employment. The candidate selected for this position must meet eligibility requirements to work in the United States at the time the appointment is scheduled to begin, and the candidate must continue working legally for the proposed term of employment.
The successful candidate will be expected to establish a strong individual research program and participate in large-scale, multidisciplinary team efforts on-going in the program and the university. The appointee will teach both undergraduate and graduate courses in materials engineering and is expected to develop innovative, cross-disciplinary instructional activities.
The successful candidate must be professionally trained in materials science and engineering or a closely related field and hold a PhD from an accredited institution. The candidate selected for this position must meet eligibility requirements to work in the United States at the time the appointment is scheduled to begin, and the candidate must continue working legally for the proposed term of employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Open Until Filled
References required for this position?
If yes, minimum number requested
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting (auemployment.com site)
- Academic Conference
- Agency Referral
- Internal Job Posting
- Personal Referral
- Veterans Assistance Services (Veteran Job Boards, Military Base Services, State Vet Rep, etc.)
- Disability Assistance Services (Disability Job Boards, ABLE Network, Voc-Rehab referral, etc.)
- * Please enter the specifics of the option you selected
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Statement of Research and/or Goals
- Statement of Leadership Vision
- Student/Teacher/Course Evaluations/Effectiveness
- Reprints of Recent Publications
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Engineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn