Human Resources Generalist
Job Title Human Resources Generalist Posting Number S851P Classification Title
Performs full range of human resource activities including employment, recruitment, benefits, employee records, compensation, attendance management, employee communications, and compliance by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Records and maintains employee confidential file information such as personal data, compensation, benefits, tax data, attendance, performance reviews or evaluations, and terminations, and provides necessary personnel action information to payroll for processing.
2. Manages the recruiting process, by processing employment applications and assists in other recruiting activities interviews and tests.
3. Set-up applicant candidate interviews with appropriate hiring managers/directors when necessary and manage interview process with the President of the University.
4. Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward the University goals.
5. Handle basic employee relation’s issues using established procedures per the University Employee Handbook.
6. Ensure that the company follows all federal, state, and local laws, and internal audit requirements.
7. Serves as back-up assistance for incoming student worker processing; review HR packet turned in by students for complete and accurate information with review of their personal identification for I-9 form purposes. Process payroll information and changes with necessary information transmitted to student payroll to process.
8. Prepares and files reports of accidents and injuries at establishment with correlating OSHA requirements, compiles and responds to all workers’ compensation issues when designated person is absent.
9. Serves as an information source for a variety of employee questions.
10. Examines employee files to answer inquiries and provides information to authorized persons.
11. Prepare paperwork and conduct all exit interviews with exiting employees in compliance with COBRA administration and related special programs. Perform termination procedures to ensure all organization and legal requirements are met.
12. Prepares reports as required by management and/or government agencies.
13. Participate in strategy sessions with the HR team on policy and HR practices.
14. Compiles data from personnel records and prepares reports.
15. Draft correspondence and communications.
16. File personnel records and related documents.
17. Complete special projects and analyses under the direction of the Director of Human Resources.
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction to part-time HR Assistant and Student Workers, in order to complete office work assignments.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements affecting employee benefit programs, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, Workers Compensation, Medicare, IBRA and Social Security and DOL requirements.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions, and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
Knowledge of the basic principles and practices of human resources administration including recruitment, compensation and benefits.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Ability to use independent judgment, and to manage and impart confidential information.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Excellent telephone courtesy, knowledge and experience.
Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events.
Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
Knowledge of the methods and practices of records management.
Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; and three to five years related experience and training in the department of Human Resources; SHRM and/or HRCI certification preferred.
Open Date 01/06/2021 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6252 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4