The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina is accepting
applications to fill two Part Time Campus Services Officer
positions. These positions will work less than 28 hours per week.
Under general supervision of the Chief of Police or designee,
performs a wide variety of campus security and public services to
ensure the safety of persons, protect property of various kinds,
maintain order and enforce the rules and regulations governing
students, faculty, and staff with superior customer service and
ethical integrity; and enforces parking regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
Requirements for Knowledge and Abilities:
- Patrol by foot, motorized cart, or vehicle in order to assist
with public services including providing protection to campus
buildings and property and guarding against fire, intrusion, theft
- Answer questions, provide information and direct students and
- Notify supervisor of suspected illegal activity on campus
property; observe and report unsafe conditions and/or occurrences;
make written and oral reports of any hazardous condition impacting
the college and its community.
- Take and write routine incident reports or complaints from
students, visitors, faculty, and staff.
- Receive and respond to requests for help and assistance for
ill, injured, or disabled persons; administer basic first aid and
CPR according to established guidelines.
- Secure doors, windows, and/or gates to District buildings.
- Complete Daily Field Activities Reports.
- Provide traffic control and direction as needed; places traffic
barricades as appropriate.
- Enforce parking regulations on campus and issue parking
citations as necessary; assist in parking permit sales and
collection of fines.
- Take custody of found, lost or abandoned property.
- Act as a witness for sworn law enforcement officers when
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Safety hazard identification, observations, and reporting
- The Citadel Department of Public Safety policies and
- Methods and techniques of report preparation and writing.
- Principles and procedures of record keeping.
- Principles and applications of public relations.
- English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Minimum Education and Experience required for this
- Exercise sound judgment.
- Successfully conduct security patrols without direct
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Complete routine paperwork.
- Safely operate a motor vehicle.
- Understand and follow specific instructions and
- Exercise strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer
- Work effectively with a diverse population.
- React calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Perform building security checks.
- Perform building opening and lockup procedures.
- Provide protection service to individuals on campus
- Detect problems and report information to appropriate
- Perform multiple tasks in a calm, effective and efficient
- Any combination equivalent to graduation from high school or
GED. One year experience in security and/or the law enforcement
- The chosen candidate for this position will be required to
attend a two week class at the SCCJA during the 1st year of
Sep 12 2019 Eastern Daylight Time