Campus Services Officer
The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina is accepting applications to fill two Part Time Campus Services Officer positions. These positions will work less than 28 hours per week. Under general supervision of the Chief of Police or designee, performs a wide variety of campus security and public services to ensure the safety of persons, protect property of various kinds, maintain order and enforce the rules and regulations governing students, faculty, and staff with superior customer service and ethical integrity; and enforces parking regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Patrol by foot, motorized cart, or vehicle in order to assist with public services including providing protection to campus buildings and property and guarding against fire, intrusion, theft and vandalism.
- Answer questions, provide information and direct students and visitors.
- Notify supervisor of suspected illegal activity on campus property; observe and report unsafe conditions and/or occurrences; make written and oral reports of any hazardous condition impacting the college and its community.
- Take and write routine incident reports or complaints from students, visitors, faculty, and staff.
- Receive and respond to requests for help and assistance for ill, injured, or disabled persons; administer basic first aid and CPR according to established guidelines.
- Secure doors, windows, and/or gates to District buildings.
- Complete Daily Field Activities Reports.
- Provide traffic control and direction as needed; places traffic barricades as appropriate.
- Enforce parking regulations on campus and issue parking citations as necessary; assist in parking permit sales and collection of fines.
- Take custody of found, lost or abandoned property.
- Act as a witness for sworn law enforcement officers when observing crimes.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
Requirements for Knowledge and Abilities:
- Safety hazard identification, observations, and reporting techniques.
- The Citadel Department of Public Safety policies and procedures.
- Methods and techniques of report preparation and writing.
- Principles and procedures of record keeping.
- Principles and applications of public relations.
- English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Exercise sound judgment.
- Successfully conduct security patrols without direct supervision.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Complete routine paperwork.
- Safely operate a motor vehicle.
- Understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Exercise strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation.
- Work effectively with a diverse population.
- React calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Perform building security checks.
- Perform building opening and lockup procedures.
- Provide protection service to individuals on campus
- Detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Perform multiple tasks in a calm, effective and efficient manner.
Minimum Education and Experience required for this position:
- Any combination equivalent to graduation from high school or GED. One year experience in security and/or the law enforcement field preferred.
- The chosen candidate for this position will be required to attend a two week class at the SCCJA during the 1st year of employment.
Advertised: Sep 12 2019 Eastern Daylight Time