Director of Admissions and Student Affairs
Wilkes University invites applicants for the position of Director of Admissions and Student Affairs in the Nesbitt School of Pharmacy. The Nesbitt School of Pharmacy’s mission statement is "To educate and develop highly qualified professionals and notably contribute to the ever-changing science and practice of pharmacy." This position will directly support this mission by assisting with recruiting a highly qualified pharmacy applicant pool and supporting student services. The Nesbitt School of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education.
The successful candidate will work directly with the Nesbitt School of Pharmacy Assistant Dean of Student Affairs to successfully execute recruitment events, admissions, and student affairs functions within the Doctor of Pharmacy Program.
Areas of key responsibility for the Director of Admissions and Student Affairs include, but are not limited to:
- Effectively represent the Nesbitt School of Pharmacy and the profession of pharmacy to community partners and student candidates.
- Identify, coordinate, and participate in the recruitment, enrollment, and marketing activities for the Pre-Pharmacy Guaranteed Seat and Doctor of Pharmacy programs.
- Support faculty development and training in the areas of admissions, advising and student services.
- Serve as a liaison to Admissions, Financial Aid, University College and Pharmacy Student Senate.
- Assist with the coordination of the P1 Orientation, White Coat and Hooding Ceremony.
- Coordinate the acquisition, distribution, and reporting of scholarships and awards.
- The Director will work closely with the Assistant Dean of Student Affairs to ensure compliance with all ACPE accreditation standards and reporting related to admissions, enrollment, and student services.
The individual in this position will report directly to the Assistant Dean of Student Affairs in the Nesbitt School of Pharmacy. This is a full-time, twelve month position. Flexibility to work some evenings and some weekends is expected. A professional pharmacy degree, from an ACPE accredited institution, or academic experience involving admissions and/or student affairs activities is required. The ideal candidate should be creative, organized, able to handle multiple high priority tasks, work independently but also be an effective team member. The candidate should possess excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills when presenting in small or large group settings. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Wilkes University is an independent, comprehensive university dedicated to academic excellence in the liberal arts, sciences, and selected professional programs. The University has approximately 2,350 students at the undergraduate level and over 1,350 full time equivalent students at the graduate and first professional levels.
Its institutional focus is on developing strong mentoring relationships with each of its students and contributing vitally to economic development of Northeastern Pennsylvania. The University is located in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, a revitalized city that is located on the lovely Susquehanna River and is within two and one-half hours driving distance of New York City and Philadelphia.
To apply, visit https://wilkesuniversitycareers.applicantpro.com/jobs/. Please be sure to include a cover letter, resume or curriculum vitae and three references. Applications should be submitted by February 12th.
Wilkes University is constantly seeking to become a more diverse community and to enhance its capacity to value and capitalize on the cultural richness that diversity brings. The University strongly encourages applications from persons with diverse backgrounds. Wilkes University does not discriminate in its employment practices or in its educational programs or activities on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, pregnancy, sex/gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital or family status, military or veteran status, or genetic information.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Wilkes Barre
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Wilkes Barre
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Wilkes Barre
- Other Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Wilkes Barre