HR Specialist, #28260
St. Charles Community College is located just west of St. Louis, nestled in the heart of growing St. Charles County. Established in 1986, SCC is a public, comprehensive two-year community college offering associate degrees and certificate programs in the arts, business, sciences and career-technical fields. SCC also provides workforce training and community-based personal and professional development as well as cultural, recreational and entertainment opportunities.
SCC seeks a full-time HR Specialist to coordinate the benefit activities for the College and assist the Chief Diversity & Compliance Officer with Title IX/DEI efforts. This position serves dual roles within the HR department. The job responsibilities are split 80% (32 hours) of Human Resources benefits duties and 20% (8 hours) of Title IX/DEI duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Administers the college's group benefit programs to include FMLA, COBRA, and Workers' Compensation.
- Coordinates open enrollment and ongoing enrollment in the college's group benefit programs.
- Maintains all insurance and medical files and benefit related physical and HRIS data, ensuring compliance with HIPAA.
- Ensures compliance with laws and College Board policies by completing timely FMLA, military, and personal leave of absence communications, documents, follow up, and recordkeeping.
- Assists with preparation of ADA documentation.
- Performs a wide array of administrative support with regard to DEI/TIX for student, faculty, and staff outreach, to include: preparation of reports and communications, data entry and record-keeping, calendar scheduling, and fielding phone communications, as needed.
Qualifications: Associate's degree. Minimum of 2 years' experience working in Human Resources. Demonstrated thorough knowledge in Human Resources theory. Human Resources Benefits experience is preferred. Proficient in collaborating and communicating effectively with all employees. Excellent organization and time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines. Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to benefits.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.