Director of Choral Activities, Assistant Professor of Music (Tenure Track)
The College of St. Scholastica invites applications for a tenure track faculty member to serve as the Director of Choral Activities at the rank of Assistant Professor beginning August 2021. The individual hired will be expected to teach 24-contact hours/academic year, foster a culture of inclusion in the classroom, participate in faculty committee work, and contribute to the department. The department values diversity among its faculty and strongly encourages applications from women and underrepresented groups. This position is a 9-month, full-time, tenure track appointment.
- Responsible for the artistic and administrative leadership of the College’s choral program.
- Conduct various choirs. Other teaching duties may be assigned based on the candidate’s expertise.
- Supervise the music education curriculum, teach various courses in music education, and advise student teachers in conjunction with the School of Education.
- Lead recruitment activities by fostering relationships with secondary, post-collegiate, and community choral educators to advance choral instruction in the region.
- Engagement in the School of Arts and Letters and a demonstrated commitment to teaching, service, scholarship, and inclusive excellence is required.
- Doctorate in Music (ABD considered) from an accredited institution.
- A record of successful teaching at the K-12 level.
- A demonstrated record of recruiting students and/or expanding a music education program.
- A demonstrated commitment to fostering a culture of inclusion in support of College diversity goals.
- A collaborative and creative approach to music and music education.
- Successful teaching at the collegiate level.
- Proven administrative leadership ability, especially in financial management, organizational skills, and collaboration.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
The Music Department at The College of St. Scholastica values diversity among its faculty and strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. Applicants should include the following documents:
- Cover Letter explaining your interest in the position and how your experience meets the position’s key responsibilities and required qualifications.
- The names and contact information (including email and phone number) for three (3) references who may be contacted as the hiring process proceeds.
Applicants chosen for the next round will be asked to provide videos or rehearsal(s) and a Statement of Teaching Philosophy that addresses your commitment to undergraduate teaching and strategies you plan to employ in your teaching to create an inclusive learning environment.
The College of St. Scholastica is a thriving independent private college with its main campus overlooking Lake Superior in Duluth, extended campuses throughout Minnesota and vibrant online programs that attract learners from around the world. Since 1912, The College of St. Scholastica (CSS) has been preparing students for responsible living and meaningful work by emphasizing the Catholic Benedictine values upon which it was founded: Community, Hospitality, Respect, Stewardship and Love of Learning. At CSS, equity and inclusion are viewed as key ingredients to academic excellence and student success.
The College serves students in undergraduate and graduate degree programs throughout six schools— nursing, arts and letters, business and technology, education, health sciences, and sciences. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks CSS among the best colleges and universities in the region for academic excellence.
For more information and to apply, visit www.csshrjobs.com. The College of St. Scholastica is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer committed to creating an educational and work environment that is rich in diversity, inclusive and supportive of all students, faculty and staff. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Duluth
- Arts Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Duluth
- Music Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Duluth
- Performing Arts Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Duluth