Freshman Admissions Counselor, Professional Service Specialist 4
Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Admissions the position is responsible for participation in all aspects of undergraduate admission efforts including participation in all recruiting activities, application evaluation, interviewing candidates, and all other duties assigned by the Associate Director.
The Admissions Counselor will be primarily assigned to recruit high school seniors throughout the northeast region as assigned. Recruitment activities include comprehensive presentations to high school counselors and students during high school visitations; representing Rowan University at college days and college nights; holding group presentations; and representing Rowan University to parents and students at regional and national college fairs. The Admissions Counselor will participate in the University Open House Programs, Campus Visit Programs, Admitted Students Days and Tour Presentations and all other initiatives from Strategic Enrollment Management.
The Admissions Counselor will review applications for all active entry terms. Application review usually includes evaluating a complete application, including any supporting materials.
The Admissions Counselor will participate on University committees and in related professional association activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college.
- Highly motivated and works well independently.
- Availability to work day, evening and weekend hours - including the ability to travel extensively.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- 1-year related professional work experience.
- Experience working in a college admissions office, including recruitment travel.
- Experience working at a tuition-driven institution.
- Student-centered and able to balance multiple projects in a fast-paced academic environment.
- Highly proficient with technology, Banner, Slate CRM, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Access, Word).
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experienced team-leader with proven analytical and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact positively with various university constituent groups.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Public Relations & Advertising Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro