Security Operations Manager-PT
Security Operations Manager (Part-Time)
City Colleges of Chicago (CCC), the largest community college system in Illinois, is made up of seven colleges and five satellite sites, providing more than 70,000 students each year access to a quality, affordable education.
Reporting to the District Director of Safety and Security, the Security Operations Manager (PT) is responsible for providing administrative and project management expertise to executive and management level staff in support of the operations and initiatives of the Department of Safety and Security. Assists in developing, evaluating, and refining safety and security functions, programs and policies in support of the City Colleges of Chicago’s (CCC) mission. Performs related duties as assigned.
- Manages on-going projects as assigned including research, data analysis, compiling information for reports, and drafting and updating policies and procedures governing CCC’s safety and security operations, protocols, and enforcement activities.
- Evaluates campuses safety and security operations to assess compliance with reporting requirements of the Clery Act, including the ongoing reporting of campus crime incidents, processes for reporting campus crime, and the preparation of annual security reports.
- Works collaboratively in updating campus security plans and policies to improve operations and increase the effectiveness of procedures for safety and crime prevention, property control, building access, and response to emergencies on campus.
- Manages the ongoing assessments of each college’s campus security program, including the analysis of data relating to incidents of crime, security and safety violations, and related incidents to identify risks and opportunities for improvement.
- Advises management personnel on federal laws impacting CCC’s safety and security policies such as title IX, the Federal Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), Violence Against Women Act (VAWA, and Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act (DFSCA).
- Works with District and college level managers in creating and implementing professional development opportunities for Safety and Security staff.
- Develops and implements training programs for Security Officers on topics relating to security operations, safety regulations, enforcement methods, and crime and incident reporting procedures.
- Maintains awareness and advises management of best practices, new technologies, and legislation impacting campus public safety and security operations in institutions of higher education.
- Assists and works with key stakeholders in developing emergency preparedness and response plans, as well as contingency plans for the District.
- May conduct grant research and prepare and submit request for funding of projects as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Criminal Justice, Public Administration or a related field
- Three to five years of experience in law enforcement or corporate loss prevention security, or in a military environment with security experience • Management experience in public, private or military security operations highly desirable
- Professional discipline credentials, CPP, PSP, CFE, highly desirable
- A combination of education and experience may be taken into consideration based on the applicant’s credentials
- Knowledge and understanding of the Clery Act and related federal and state laws, and local ordinances.
- Knowledge of best practices in safety and security operations and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work within a culturally diverse environment
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in handling sensitive situations
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Management Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Other Business & Management Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago