Business Advisor SBDC
Business Advisor SBDC
4800 Preston Park Blvd, Courtyard Campus
Plano, Texas, 75093
We are searching for an experienced Business Advisor SBDC
Advise and guide clients in the areas of business planning, accounting, market research, sources of capital, human resource issues and in other aspects that increase business success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze clients’ business and industry data in finance, marketing, management and operation.
- Research and interpret historical and projected financial ratios in order to help prepare pro forma financial statements and conduct cash flow feasibility analysis.
- Assist and help provide direction regarding clients’ work on financial forecasting, market feasibility, raising capital, diversification of products/services, financial viability, operations management and marketing issues.
- Advise clients on the appropriate technical and governmental resources that can promote their success.
- Provide quality individual and group counsel and instruction to emerging entrepreneurs, business owners and business managers.
- Produce and manage data as required to meet Center goals: capital infusion, business starts, long term clients, extended engagement clients, increased sales, jobs created, jobs retained, and training goals, as applicable.
- Perform and maintain all standards in accordance with Collin College and North Texas Small Business Development Center Network policies, procedures and core values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Bachelor's degree in a related field from a regionally accredited institution and at least four (4) years of active (daily), operational business ownership experience of a company with more than three (3) employees, and/or two (2) years of direct small business advising experience required.
Experience working with and knowledge of the North Texas Small Business Development Center Network and/or the U.S. Small Business Administration network is desired.
**This position is 100% responsible to a grant. Therefore, the continuation of the position is subject to continued external funding.**
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Keep up-to-date on changes in SBA, NTSBDC, Collin College, federal, state and local business policies and procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of current business trends and assist with identifying information, programs and resources available to assist small business clients.
- Excellent interpersonal skills so as to counsel emerging business owners, determine their essential business issues, and recommend appropriate actions.
- Excellent analytical skills to scrutinize business operations and financials and formulate courses of action for the development and improvement including preparation of loan proposals and marketing plans.
- Ability to maintain an appropriate level and mix of clients as noted by annual goals and strategic plan objectives.
- Ability to conduct research for clients in a variety of databases.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- May require some travel, including overnight.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $50,440.00 - 55,484.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.