Faculty, PT - Ph.D. Health Services - Doctoral Committee (Virtual)
Walden University is an accredited institution that has been serving the higher education needs of professionals for more than 45 years. Offered online, Walden's doctoral degree programs are designed to provide a diverse community of career professionals with the opportunity to transform themselves as scholar-practitioners so that they can effect positive social change.
Walden's School of Health Sciences seeks part-time (contributing) faculty to serve as doctoral level dissertation/capstone research experts for the PhD in Health Services program.
Walden University seeks dynamic, engaged and supportive doctoral faculty research mentors that have strong communication and learning-relationship skills for this part-time position in the School of Health Sciences PhD in Health Services program. Key responsibilities of this position are to mentor and facilitate doctoral student research during the dissertation/capstone research phase of their program, to engage and support doctoral students as emerging scholar-practitioners, and to contribute to research development and improvement teams.
What to expect as a Walden contributing faculty member:
Faculty members educate Walden University students by effectively using online technology and resources to provide an engaging and supportive student experience. Faculty members are expected to share their knowledge and give relevant, actionable feedback in carefully formulated timely communication to students. This is accomplished in a student-centric learning environment that is respectful, collaborative and follows Walden University and program specific guidelines.
General Expectations Include:
- Supportive engagement at all times – build positive rapport, openness, trust, mutual inquiry and listening to students to help them learn, discover and apply research skills.
- Effective online communications to maintain teaching and social presence and to stimulate critical thinking and “learning to learn” skills.
- An earned doctorate in the in the field of healthcare or health required.
- A record of scholarship, publication and research in methods and research design that is appropriate to support doctoral students in the field of health or healthcare (preferred).
- Strong relationship-building skills with students with diverse backgrounds.
- Successful mentoring relationships that support mutual inquiry and student outcomes.
- Advocating for the learning and development needs of students.
- Strong writing, research, and oral communication skills.
- Three years of effective teaching experience at the degree level of program (preferred).
- Online experience at the degree level of program (preferred).
- Success at building effective student learning relationships that support mutual inquiry and doctoral quality student progress and learning outcomes. This includes the ability to provide clear expectations and helping students “know what to do next”.
- Strong servant leadership dispositions. This includes the ability to listen carefully to students, and to be approachable and supportive within Walden’s policies.
- Strong time-management and co-project management skills.
- Advocating for the learning and development needs of students earning their degrees in a distance learning environment.
- Supporting the development of Walden University students to foster positive social change as scholar-practitioners.
- Best practices in teaching, research, advising and mentoring.
- The ongoing professional development of themselves as faculty.
- The willingness to perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
Doctoral Course Teaching & Learning Facilitation:
As indicated above, effective instruction will focus on mentoring students at the dissertation/capstone research phase of the program, and on assisting in the evolving development of each student as a doctoral scholar. Faculty are expected to engage with students to support learning, and are required to be active within the Blackboard LMS course (discussions, announcements, group areas, etc.) a minimum of 4 days per week, and to respond to student questions within 48 hours. Faculty Members are required to verify the academic integrity of student postings and submissions and to provide grades and relevant, actionable, supportive feedback to students through Blackboard.
Doctoral Faculty Members must be appropriately credentialed, possess an earned degree from an accredited institution or recognized by a country's ministry of education in the discipline being taught. EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Candidates should possess:
Ideally, a candidate should be able to demonstrate:
Ideally, a candidate should be strongly committed to:
All new Faculty Members receive specific training from Walden University with respect to best practices in online learning facilitation, doctoral mentoring, and effective supervision and review of dissertations. They also receive socialization into the Walden University culture of quality, integrity, and student-learning centeredness and an orientation in their specific degree program.
Doctoral level faculty can choose to participate in Residencies held domestically or internationally, where they may teach colloquia, lead writing-intensive workshops, and facilitate school-wide discussions.
Faculty members are expected to maintain a high level of technical proficiency, and have a strong commitment to learning new technologies. Faculty are required to have computer and software resources that enable effective delivery of academic services to a disbursed community of learners. The Faculty Member must be able to use Microsoft Office products, and must have reliable Internet access as well as alternate access as needed.
No travel is required.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Minneapolis
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Minneapolis
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Minneapolis
- Instructional Technology & Design Not specified Full Time jobs in Minneapolis
- Teacher Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Minneapolis