Postdoctoral Position (68305)
A post-doctoral position is available immediately in the Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, at the University of Florida College Of Medicine. This extramurally funded and renewable position will be focused on interdisciplinary research on dopamine neurotransmission in mouse models of psychiatric and neurological disorders. Our laboratory uses behavioral, neurochemistry, circuit mapping, and molecular approaches toward the fundamental understanding of how dopamine neurotransmission regulates motivated behavior in normal and pathological conditions. Along with behavioral studies our laboratory will be using state-of-the art techniques such as fiber photometry to understand dopamine dynamics during behavior. Candidates are expected to have English language and communication skills, along with working in a team-based environment. Studies will be conducted in mice and in in vitro cell culture systems. Our goal is to provide an ideal environment for learning, while encouraging innovation.
- Candidates must have a Ph.D. or M.D./Ph.D. in neurosciences, neuropharmacology and/or cellular/molecular biology, or related field with neuroscience research experience.
- Experience in animal behavior, fiber photometry or neurochemistry is desired but not required.
- Proficiency in in basic cell culture techniques, immunohistochemistry, imaging techniques, including fluorescence and confocal microscopy is desirable.
- Experience with in vivo techniques involving rodent models (drug delivery, behavior, tissue/fluid collection, animal surgery etc) is an advantage.
The candidate will also be expected to write manuscripts, participate in all levels of communication of research findings and participate in grant proposal writing to support the lab with the goal to originate their own research grant proposal.
Applications, including curriculum vitae and bibliography, summary of past accomplishments, and at least three letters of recommendation from immediate supervisors, should be submitted together.
The final candidate will be required to provide official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered "official" if a designation of "Issued to Student" is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at http://www.naces.org/
If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352-392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800-955-8771 (TDD). Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US. Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida's Sunshine Law.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Pharmacology Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville