Financial Aid Assistant
Posting Number AS179P Position Title Financial Aid Assistant Contract Length 12 months Class Summary
Under the direction of the Director of Student Financial Services, perform a variety of complex and technical clerical support duties and assist in providing student services in an assigned area such as financial aid.
Candidates Eligible to Apply Internal/External Position Type Non-Exempt Staff Employment Status Full Time Position Funding Type Regular
High School Diploma and at least 2 years of increasingly responsible clerical experience required.
Bachelor’s degree and experience working with Colleague student system.
Minimum Knowledge & Skills
• Fundamental elements of the assigned student services area.
• Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
• Recordkeeping techniques.
• Learn to operate Financial Aid software.
• Learn college and community resources available to students.
• Assist students in completing forms and applications.
• Meet schedules and timelines.
• Prepare and maintain records, files, logs and lists.
• Train and provide work direction to student and temporary workers.
• Use word processing, spreadsheet and data base management computer software effectively.
• Perform assigned work with speed and accuracy.
• Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with others.
• Demonstrate a sensitivity to relate to persons with diverse socio-economic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds, including the disabled.
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
1. Perform reception duties and assist students, parents and others in person and on the telephone; explain requirements, regulations and restrictions related to financial aid programs.
2. Process, complete and maintain Financial Aid student files for packaging, awarding and disbursement.
3. Maintain current knowledge of financial aid programs, software, and eligibility by attending meetings and workshops.
4. Coordinate communications with personnel, government and private agencies, financial institutions, colleges and other organizations.
5. Provide routine information and explain financial aid application procedures for college work study and student grants, loans, scholarships and fee waivers; assist students in the correct completion of forms and applications.
6. Establish permanent records for financial aid applicants; request and compile transcripts, income documentation, verifications and other materials to assure complete and accurate documentation.
7. Contact applicants regarding incomplete applications; prepare and send correspondence and forms as needed.
8. Prepare, update and maintain computerized records related to various aid programs; enter and revise data using specialized software programs.
9. Assist students in completing forms, applications and other materials according to program requirements.
10. Distribute brochures, applications and other information related to the assigned function.
11. Refer students to other student services areas as appropriate.
12. Maintain various records, files, logs and lists; enter data in computer equipment and file paperwork as required.
13. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• No or very limited physical effort required.
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
Minimum Salary Range $38,338 Mid Point Salary Range . Maximum Salary Range $47,923 Posting Open Date 01/06/2021 Posting Close Date Posting Will Be Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant EEO Statement
College of the Mainland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, disability or veteran status.
College of the Mainland does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of faculty and staff, and the operation of its programs and activities, as specified by federal laws and regulations within Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and 1992.
Quick Link to Share for Direct Access to Posting https://jobs.com.edu/postings/2366 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you available to work in the evening (6 pm to 10 pm)?
- * Do you have a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED?
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts (1 of 3)
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Financial Aid Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City