Student Financial Aid Coordinator
Student Financial Aid Coordinator
Thank you for your interest in Truckee Meadows Community College. If you need assistance or have questions regarding the application process, please contact Human Resources at (775) 673-7168 or email@example.com.
The Financial Aid Coordinator position is responsible for overseeing the scholarship program including the institutional scholarship application and awarding process for the College. Working with the Truckee Meadows Community College (TMCC) Institutional Advancement office, the coordinator will facilitate the awarding process. This position will also assist with coordinating the Federal Direct Loan Program in the office of Financial Aid, Scholarships and Student Employment. Program responsibility for the loan program includes policy development, review and implementation, both from a federally mandated and an institutional perspective. This position is responsible for staying abreast of all changes in regulations and ensuring that TMCC remains in full compliance with Title IV regulations. This position is responsible for the training of other staff, both internally and externally (i.e., Controller's Office) regarding updates and changes to the loan program's policies and procedures.
The incumbent must be able to work with a diverse student population and maintain sensitivity to the needs and concerns of students and community members and potential TMCC students. A strong knowledge of financial aid regulations and procedures is important, and the ability to learn quickly and absorb complex information. Strong analytical and communication skills are needed. The position requires attention to detail and strong customer service skills. PeopleSoft experience is preferred.
1. Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
2. Two years' experience working in a financial aid office in a higher education institution.
1. Experience with PeopleSoft.
2. Bilingual skills.
3. Two years overseeing a component of a financial aid operation.
4. Direct experience working in a student loan program at a college or university, to include experience in all student loan areas mentioned in the responsibilities section of this announcement.
a. Experience working with the Direct Loan Program
b. Experience working with loan servicers
1. Advise and counsel students on the availability of financial aid, application process, and guidelines for maintaining eligibility.
2. Coordinate scholarship program.
3. Assist with the processing of the TMCC Federal Direct Loan Program.
4. Conduct outreach activities including evening and weekend financial aid workshops.
5. Supervision of staff and/ or student employees.
6. Participate and serve on various TMCC committees and must have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills to effectively serve TMCC students, faculty, and staff.
7. Understand and accept the role to be played as a partner in an educational enterprise serving the best interests of the students.
8. Perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with standards, mission, and goals of Truckee Meadows Community College.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Minimum $48,298. Placement is dependent on education and experience. Salaries are subject to any related directives from the Board of Regents and Nevada Legislature.
In the Resume/Cover Letter section of the application each of the following must be attached.
- Cover Letter
- Current CV/Resume
As a part of the application process all applicants may be asked via email to provide additional supplemental materials or information as a part of the committee screening process.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. Search committees will use this information to determine that applicants meet minimum qualifications as listed in the job announcement.
This posting will close at 12:00 am on the date listed above. The posting will no longer be available to apply to after 11:59 pm the day prior.
All documents, including unofficial transcripts for academic positions, must be received prior to the closing date listed on the job announcement.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check upon hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TMCC-External/job/TMCC---Truckee-Meadows-Community-College---Dandini-Campus/Student-Financial-Aid-Coordinator_R0123264-1
Truckee Meadows Community College is a comprehensive educational institution located in Reno, Nevada and is part of the Nevada System of Higher Education. TMCC’s five instructional sites and numerous community locations serves an increasingly diverse population of more than 11,000 students each semester. TMCC, an HSI (Hispanic Serving Institution), is a progressive institution that celebrates inclusion and diversity while supporting core themes of academic excellence, student success, and access to lifelong learning.
A vital leader in the New Nevada’s growing economy, TMCC is located near the beautiful Sierra Nevada Mountains in an environment rich with a thriving arts, culture, food scene, abundant outdoor activities, and a family-friendly local community. It is only a 3.5 hour drive to San Francisco, CA, a 40-minute drive to Lake Tahoe, and within easy driving distance of four national parks (Great Basin, Yosemite, Lassen, and Death Valley). For more information, please go to www.tmcc.edu or view our virtual tour at tour.tmcc.edu.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.