Research Financial Analyst
Under the direction of the Director of Sponsored Research, the Research Financial Analyst will be responsible for implementation and execution of various post-award and financial monitoring activities in support of FBRI’s sponsored program operations. The successful candidate will assist in award setup, compliance monitoring, reporting and closeout of sponsored research, which will include interacting with faculty, staff, and students in contract negotiation and award setup, reading and dissection of sponsor solicitations and requirements, effectively communicating award and reporting requirements to faculty and other award team members, compliance monitoring, reviewing transaction and project level spending, maintain spending models, working with sponsoring agencies as needed and working with the university Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) to meet all university and sponsor award requirements. This position has access to confidential, proprietary and sensitive information.
A Criminal Background Check is required.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, law,
information systems or other related field, or equivalent training,
• Demonstrated ability to interpret and implement complex regulations, procedures and/or compliance standards.
• Demonstrated experience in budget development.
• Proven ability to prioritize and manage large volumes of work to anticipate and meet deadlines.
• A strong commitment to customer service.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Excel.
• CRA or other applicable professional certification.
• Experience in information technology tool development.
• Experience in an academic research environment.
• Experience with federally funded research programs, experience with NIH a plus.
• Experience in research grant and contract administration.
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Pamela Stell at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: October 26, 2020
Applications close: Open until filled
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Roanoke
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Roanoke
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Roanoke
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Roanoke
- Financial Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Roanoke