Assistant Professor, School of Information Studies
DOMINICAN UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF INFORMATION STUDIES (SOIS) invites applications for a Tenure-Track Assistant Professor position The School of Information Studies in the College of Applied Social Sciences at Dominican University in River Forest, Illinois is inviting applications for a 9-month, tenure track faculty position that will begin in August 2021. The selected faculty member will join a diverse, collaborative, and cohesive core faculty committed to the university’s overarching mission to create a just and humane society. The School of Information Studies is ALA-Accredited and is a member of the iSchool Consortium. In recent years, the school has thrived and experienced much growth. Along with a Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science, the School now offers a Master of Science in Information Management, a Master of Arts in Youth Literature, nine Master’s level certificate programs, and a Bachelor’s degree in Informatics. SOIS also offers a PhD in Library and Information Science. The selected faculty must be able to teach in two or more of the following areas:
- Assessment, Measurement, and Evaluation Strategies and Tools for Demonstrating Value
- Scholarly Communication and Publishing, and Data Management
- Collection Management and Electronic Resources Acquisition and Administration
- Information Policy and Information Governance
- Foundations of Library and Information Science
- Foundations of Information in Society, Organizations, and Cultures
- Data Analytics
- Must have a PhD in Library and Information Science, or a PhD in a related field AND at least one earned degree in Library and Information Science.
- Must have a demonstrated research agenda and commitment to service.
- Experience teaching, advising, and mentoring in higher education
- Experience teaching online, hybrid, and in-person
- Cover letter which includes teaching philosophy and research agenda
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of three professional references