Professor - Biedenharn Endowed Chair in Music
The University of Louisiana Monroe invites applications for the
Biedenharn Endowed Chair in Music, to commence in the Fall of 2021.
Applicants for this position will have established exceptional
careers in areas of music that may include the sub-disciplines of
performance, teaching, and research. This is a full time,
nine-month, permanent faculty position within the School of Visual
and Performing Arts, a component of the College of Arts, Education,
and Sciences. The applicant must be eligible for faculty
appointment at Full Professor with tenure.
The Biedenharn Endowed Chair in Music is a distinction awarded by the university to a performer, scholar, or teacher of high renown and great ability. The Endowed Chairs for Eminent Scholars Program was introduced in 1987 by the Louisiana Board of Regents to recognize past and potential original contributions within an academic discipline. In addition to the academic honor, an endowed chair provides funding for support of an individual’s performing, teaching, research, and service responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach in specialty area to undergraduate and graduate music majors and minor students
- Serve as expert resource to area music programs.
- Recruit music majors and minors for the program and recruit talented instrumentalists and singers for music ensembles.
- Other duties based on needs of the program and qualification of the candidate.
- Maintain national and international profile as a performer and/or music educator.
- Required Terminal degree in Music.
- Public school and college level teaching experience required.
- Experience in music performance is desired.
- Admirable record of research, publication, and performance required.
REQUIRED ATTACHMENTS: Please upload the following attachments, along with the application:
- Cover Letter
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Links to performance/teaching/conference presentation videos
- Current transcripts (copies are acceptable at this time)
- Contact information for a minimum of five professional references
Any additional materials that establish the renown and ability of the applicant are welcomed.
Application should be made through the ULM Human
Resources site at ulm.edu/hr. Locate the position posting and
click on the “Apply” button. Application materials should
include a letter of application, current curriculum vitae, links to
performance/teaching/conference presentation videos, current
transcripts (copies are acceptable at this time), contact
information for a minimum of five professional references, and any
additional materials that establish the renown and ability of the
Joseph Augustus Biedenharn was the first bottler of Coca-Cola in the United States and moved his operation to Monroe, LA in 1913. Joseph was also one of the initial investors in Delta Airlines which was founded in Monroe in 1925 originally as a crop dusting service. His only daughter, Emma Louise (Emy-Lou), was an opera singer in Europe and the United States in the 1930s. Emy-Lou was living in Denmark when Germany invaded Poland in 1939, forcing her to flee and return to Monroe where she lived out the remainder of her life teaching and performing and supporting the various arts organizations in the area. The primary recital hall on the University of Louisiana Monroe campus is named the Emy-Lou Biedenharn Recital Hall and a portrait of Emy-Lou hangs in the lobby.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Monroe
- Arts Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Monroe
- Music Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Monroe
- Performing Arts Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Monroe