SharePoint Administrator 999752
Primary person responsible for SharePoint administration of and content management of the University’s SharePoint sites. Coordinate the design/creation, coding, and build out of University SharePoint sites, subsites, lists, document libraries, and associated code and workflows. Develop and maintain operating standards for the use of SharePoint at Xavier. Work with appropriate parties inside and outside Xavier to ensure high levels of availability, general robustness and security of the University’s SharePoint environment. Explore and recommend new technologies to improve and/or complement the current SharePoint offering. Promote the current SharePoint offerings via in person consultation and training.
- Work with appropriate parties inside and outside Xavier to ensure high levels of availability, general robustness and security of the University’s SharePoint environment. This includes working with:
- Coordinate the design/creation, coding, and build out of University SharePoint sites, subsites, lists, document libraries, InfoPath Forms, and associated code and PowerAutomate flows. This includes in person consultation and assistance to promote SharePoint and better understand University needs.
- Develop, document, and maintain operating standards for the use of SharePoint at Xavier. This includes in person training and assistance as needed, in particular, regular contact with site owners to ensure they are following these standards and provide training and/or assistance where needed. It also includes developing and maintaining robust documentation of Xavier’s current SharePoint environment and standard administrative processes and procedures.
- Explore and recommend new technologies to improve and/or complement the current SharePoint offering. This involves connecting with vendors as appropriate and keeping current on technology options available.
- Works closely with University functional areas to assess and evaluate business needs as they relate to the SharePoint processes and suggests improvements.
- Develops project plans, work assignments, target dates, and other aspects of assigned projects and communicates this information to management and the user community.
- Normally works on several projects at a time. Manages time and priorities to ensure that commitments are met.
- Continually develops technical expertise through e-learning and classroom training. Keeps current with trends and technological innovations in the higher education and IT industries.
- Provides 24x7 on-call support as necessary for University applications and systems.
- Participate in team-building activities and training at various levels of the University and other duties as assigned.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned:
- the University Help Desk to provide documentation and training so they can provide front line support for SharePoint sites,
- site owners to help them secure and maintain their sites,
- Microsoft and other external vendors, and
- other internal IT groups connected to SharePoint.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or other computer-related field, with 3 or more years of SharePoint Administration/Development experience.
- Strong SharePoint Administration and Development skills.
- Strong PowerAutomate programming skills.
- Proficiency working with InfoPath Forms.
- Excellent system documentation skills.
- Excellent requirements gathering skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as the capability to work as part of a team in a professional manner are required, as is a service oriented attitude.
- 5 or more years of SharePoint Administration/Development experience
- Experience in a higher education environment
- Experience with SharePoint Online
- Experience with AvePoint Cloud Backup and SharePlus
- Experience with Microsoft Forms
- Programming experience, particularly with Microsoft Visual Studio
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
To ensure consideration, interested/qualified applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and telephone numbers of three professional references on Xavier University’s website by January 18, 2021 .
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati