Nurse, Practitioner - (STA006780)
Provides primary care services to patients presenting to the UH Student Health Center. This includes the management of health problems and the promotion of optimal health in both the General Medicine and the Women's Clinics.
- Perescribe treatment for illnesses within the Family Nurse Practitioners scope of practice, based on Standing orders and Nurse Practitioner Formulary.
- Order and interpret diagnostics studies.
- Determine which problems are within the scope of practice and which require referral to specialists according to mutually accepted guidelines.
- Communicate, consult and collaborate with other professionals involved in the delivery of total patient care.
- Perform minor diagnostic and surgical procedures within scope of practice. Fully inform patients of risks and benefits of any procedure.
- Perform well woman's examination and routine physical examinations.
- Evaluate, test for and treat sexually transmissible diseases.
- Educate and counsel patient's regarding contraceptive management.
- Competence in use of electronic medical records and information system is providing effective documentation of patient care.
- Participate in quality management and quality improvement activities.
- Participate in educational and informational programs as requested.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Master's Degree and 3 years experience.
Requires application of advanced principles, techniques and theory in a professional discipline or a thorough general business management knowledge. Knowledge of this level is typically obtained through a directly job-related Master's degree or equivalent formal training in a recognized field of specialization that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
Requires technical certification or licensing directly related to the job, as specified on a job description addendum.