Senior Administrative Assistant
Senior Administrative Assistant
Job ID: 222699
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelors, masters and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
0103001 - Student Athlete Srvs-Academics
Student Athlete Services. The Senior Administrative Assistant provides diversified and advanced administrative assistance for the Senior Associate Athletics Director. This position has been identified by Federal Law (Jeanne Clery Act) as a Campus Security Authority (CSA), with significant student and campus responsibilities. CSA's are obligated to report crimes reported to them which occurred on campus, in public areas bordering campus and in certain non-campus buildings owned or controlled (leased) by the University.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Maintain an updated inventory list of all office equipment and supplies
- Approve time for designated Student Assistants in OneUSG Connect
- Order rings for scholar athletes that competed at least two years at Georgia Southern and graduated with a 3.0 or higher
- Compile the book scholarship list of all student athletes for fall, spring, and summer semesters. Maintain confidentiality in compliance with University standards
- Perform administrative duties including writing/typing routine letters, memorandums, forms, transcribing, preparing and transmitting faxes, record and file maintenance and photocopying.
- Oversee the distribution and collection of all books, electronic books, access codes, calculators, 1-Clickers, lab coats, and all other academic approved supplies.
- Provide assistance during job searches with compiling applicant information, scheduling interviews, etc.
- Serve as the first point of contact for those visiting Student-Athlete Services office.
- Handle forwarded calls and some emails when SAS staff is away from the office.
- Oversee the purchasing of all office supplies.
- Serve as contact for maintenance, technical, or custodial issues
- Supervise and provide training for all front desk workers
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One or more years of post-secondary education
- Three or more years of related work experience
$33,300 - $34,000
Required Documents to Attach
- Please provide three (3) professional references in the Required Documents to Attach section on your application.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proficient with computers and computer applications, including Microsoft Office Suite, Google and e mail
- Ability and willingness to communicate with other departments across campus
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and secure sensitive information
- Ability to work collaboratively; and independently and communicate decisions
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
- Effective communication (verbal and written), organizational, prioritization, time management, detail orientation, problem solving, and human relations skills
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service centered work ethic
Apply Before Date
January 15, 2021
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or email@example.com.
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
- Work generally performed in office environment
- Workweek may occasionally extend beyond 40 hours
- May be required to maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations
Standard and Education
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=222699&PostingSeq=1