Assistant/Associate Professor - Director of the Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Program
POSITION DESCRIPTION: TENURE
TRACK FACULTY MEMBER
ROLE EXPLANATION Director of the Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Program 998225
A principal faculty member who is tenured or who is eligible for tenure and holds the rank of Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor in an academic school and participates in shared governance at Xavier University. Principal faculty are appointed and responsible for such fundamental areas as curriculum, subject matter and methods of instruction, research, faculty status, and those aspects of student life that relate directly to the educational process, service, and mission of the University (Xavier University Faculty Handbook). The director will guide the development of courses for the major and coordinate the implementation of the program.
Possesses a current and unencumbered license to practice as a registered nurse in Ohio and has a minimum of four years experience as a registered nurse in the practice of nursing. Candidate must also be certified as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, with a minimum of five years in that role. The faculty member has a an earned doctoral degree; either the doctoral or master’s degree must be in nursing. Those with significant progress toward the doctorate (ABD) may be considered. Has previous teaching experience in a baccalaureate or graduate program, online delivery is preferred. Knowledge of curriculum development, teaching strategies, online course and program delivery, and evaluation are desired. Expertise in Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing education and practice is preferred and desired.
REPORTS TO: Dean of the College of Nursing
- Attends and supports the requirements for University Faculty as stated in the Faculty Handbook for teaching, service, and research.
- Participates in the shared governance of the University and College of Nursing.
- Supports the mission, objectives, and vision of the University and the College of Nursing.
- Values and supports an inclusive and diverse environment.
- Serves on University, College, and professional committees.
- Participates with other faculty in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the curriculum, including new courses.
- Collaborates with members of the faculty concerning curricular and noncurricular issues.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge in assigned content area and serves as a consultant in area of expertise to other faculty.
- Supervises teaching assistants when utilized.
- Serves as an academic advisor to assigned students and is available for student consultation.
- Demonstrates respect and sensitivity to the student as learner and as an individual.
- Pursues scholarly activities and keeps abreast of new developments in the area(s) of nursing and area(s) of expertise.
- Participates in recruitment of new faculty.
- Evaluates courses assigned and provides feedback to the course coordinator, Associate Director of Graduate programs and/or curriculum committee.
- Participates in orienting new and adjunct faculty.
- Keeps abreast of new knowledge and updates skills by attending workshops, classes, seminars related to clinical and personal interest.
- Assists students to meet the course and program objectives.
- Keeps students apprised of their progress in both theory and clinical courses per policy of the College of nursing and/or reasonable times in the course.
- Maximizes each student’s learning by incorporating a variety of educational teaching learning strategies.
- Keeps the Dean informed of faculty and student issues.
- Assumes other responsibilities as needed or assigned by the Dean of the College.
We are strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. These values are central to our mission. Candidates who have worked with a diverse range of faculty, staff, and students and who can contribute to our mission of inclusivity are encouraged to identify their experiences and interests. Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For best consideration, qualified/interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University's website by January 8, 2021. The position will remain open until filled.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Nursing Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Other Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati