Administrative Director, Flatiron Institute
162 Fifth Avenue
The Administrative Director of the Flatiron Institute provides leadership, budget planning and monitoring of all Flatiron programs, initiatives and workshops to support a world-class scientific research environment. This position requires excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, and the ability to work with both scientific leaders and administrative departments in a flexible and collegial manner.
- Direct fiscal, research, academic-related and administrative operations for the Flatiron Institute.
- Provide oversight of center administrators/managers regarding managing resources, space, special projects, staff and budgets.
- Work closely with Center Directors and senior foundation administration to develop strategies to meet short- and long-term institute goals
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned or required
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Education
- Advanced degree (master's or Ph.D.) is preferred.
- Minimum of seven years of progressive responsibility at a managerial level, preferably in an academic or foundation setting.
Related Skills & Other Requirements
- Proven ability to manage and lead staff in a changing environment
- Knowledge of and experience with complex information and computer systems
- Understanding of managerial accounting and finance principles
- Understanding of the evolving academic science marketplace
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse population of faculty, staff and students; experienced in the supervision of administrative and support staff personnel.
- Ability to provide initiative, judgment and creativity in the resolution of complex problems.
- Effective communication/presentation skills and a proven track record of forming collaborative and effective working relationships with scientists and administrative leaders
- Ability to establish realistic and achievable priorities and the ability to lead staff to achieve center goals and objectives
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Please submit a resume and cover letter stating your interest in the position.
The Simons Foundation's Diversity Commitment
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment.The Simons Foundation provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employmentwithout regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability,veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.