Visiting Faculty in Interior Design
VISITING FACULTY IN INTERIOR DESIGN
Indiana University Bloomington
The Interior Design faculty at Indiana University Bloomington is seeking colleagues to fill two (2) Visiting Faculty positions for the 2021-2022 academic year. The colleagues will be actively engaged in collaborative teaching in first-year, second-year, and upper division design studios. The positions are available due to growth and faculty sabbaticals.
The Eskenazi School of Art, Architecture + Design (Eskenazi School) (https://soaad.indiana.edu/) is composed of diverse scholars and practitioners at the forefront of integrative design thinking and practice. We seek forward-thinking colleagues who are committed to interdisciplinary engagement and exploration of the convergence of the areas of Design, Art, Architecture, and Merchandising. The successful candidates will educate emerging leaders in the design fields.
We are looking for candidates who have demonstrated the capacity to collaborate with colleagues from a broad range of disciplines, have had exposure to diverse populations of students, and have academic and/or significant professional experience.
We seek candidates who can provide collegial leadership in a team-based environment. We are especially interested in scholars and practitioners who are prepared to teach foundational concepts, critical thinking, and technical issues in the studio environment, preparing students to be able to respond to the complex global challenges found in the interior design industries.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining professional and academic expertise.
- Teaching an annual course load of five courses during the 10-month academic year.
- Participating in curriculum development.
- Providing departmental, university, and professional service.
The Eskenazi School is committed to building and supporting a diverse, inclusive, and equitable community of students and scholars.
Founded in 1820, Indiana University Bloomington is the flagship campus of IU’s eight campuses statewide. Innovation, creativity, and academic freedom are hallmarks of our world-class contributions in research and the arts.
The Eskenazi School of Art, Architecture + Design houses fourteen different areas in art, design, and merchandising. This is where art, merchandising, architecture, and design merge to shape the future of creativity from imagination to implementation.
Candidates must have:
- A master-level degree in interior design by the start date of employment OR a degree in a design discipline by the start date of employment with substantial evidence of professional interior design practice.
- A portfolio containing evidence of expertise in design and design process, communication of design ideas, and digital design and drafting skill. (Note: Please make indication of individual contribution to any collaborative projects presented in portfolio.)
- Strong experience with construction and materials, evidenced through professional practice or education.
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Demonstrated record of college-level teaching, especially in design studios.
- Professional design experience with demonstrated expertise in commercial design, socially responsible and sustainable design, collaborative design, and/or digital design and drafting.
- NCIDQ, LEED-AP, WELL-AP, EDAC, and/or other relevant certifications.
- Engagement with professional organizations
Salary commensurate with experience. The anticipated appointment will be for one year. Visiting positions at Indiana University may be renewed dependent on funding and instructional needs.
Review of applications will begin on February 08, 2021, and will continue until the positions are filled. Interested candidates should review the application requirements and submit their application materials (CV/resume; letter of application; statement about teaching/mentoring philosophy; design portfolio (submitted as “Other”); and names of three references with their contact information. Applicants are invited to address their contributions to diversity, equity, or inclusion through their research, teaching, mentoring and/or community engagement within their teaching statement or in a separate statement (submitted as “Other 2”). Interested candidates should review the application requirements and submit applications to https://indiana.peopleadmin.com/postings/10292. Questions regarding the position or application process should be directed to: Megan Tansley, Human Resources Manager, email: email@example.com
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bloomington
- Arts Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bloomington
- Design & Graphic Arts Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bloomington
- Other Arts Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bloomington