Research Assistant II
The St-Pierre Lab (stpierrelab.com; Twitter: @StPierreLab) develops and applies new tools for perturbing and imaging the brain. The lab develops fluorescent proteins, fluorescent indicators of neural activity (e.g. voltage indicators), light-gated proteins to control neural activity (e.g. optogenetic silencers), and genetic circuits to control protein expression. The lab is seekng a motivated, organized, and resourceful scientist with expertise in molecular biology, synthetic biology, *or* electrophysiology to accelerate our efforts to build and disseminate tools of broad utility. The ability to properly document results is critical for this position. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop cutting-edge molecular technologies, learn new skills, and be part of an enjoyable workplace.
Women and individuals from groups traditionally underrepresented in STEM are highly encouraged to apply.
- Conducting research projects, both independently and with others.
- Purchasing, setting up, and maintaining equipment necessary to conduct research.
- Teaching techniques, procedures, and experimental design to other members of the lab.
- Communicating research results during our group meetings
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or a related field.
- Three years of relevant experience.
- Master's degree in a related field.
- One year of molecular cloning experience.
- Experienced in designing primers, performing PCR, gel extraction, transforming DNA in bacteria, and miniprepping plasmids from bacterial cultures.
- Experienced with conducting whole-cell patch clamping
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston