Lecturer - Physics (#FP00064)
The Kettering University Physics Department invites applications for faculty positions from candidates committed to excellence in undergraduate education. We seek a Lecturer to focus on introductory physics lectures and laboratories, implementing curriculum and class facilitation based in PER. Kettering University emphasizes experiential learning, and the High-Performance Computing Cluster (KUHPC), an X-ray diffractometer, and a confocal fluorescence microscope are among more than a dozen high-impact research tools made possible through recent instrumentation grants. Across campus, Kettering students major in engineering, business and applied sciences, and nearly 400 students enroll in our introductory sequence each year. Additionally, Kettering offers undergraduate degree programs in Applied Physics and Engineering Physics, with a unique experiential learning structure including at least five co-op terms that alternate with academic terms. Applicants for this position must demonstrate a strong affinity for teaching undergraduate students.
Interested individuals may apply for this positions online:
Lecturer #1, focused on introductory lectures and labs - Posting Number FP00064.
Direct link to posting: http://jobs.kettering.edu/postings/6397
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching at the undergraduate level.
- Record of designing curriculum and developing courses with research-based teaching and learning in introductory physics courses.
MS in Physics, Physics Education, or a closely related field from an accredited institution
- Ability to teach a range of undergraduate lecture and laboratory courses in physics, using an active, student-focused approach
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills in the English language;
- Ability and desire to contribute through department, university, community and professional service work, and
- Understanding and commitment to Kettering University Values
- RESPECT: for teamwork, honesty, encouragement, diversity partnerships with students.
- INTEGRITY: including accountability, transparency and ethics.
- CREATIVITY: fostering flexibility and innovation.
- COLLABORATION: across disciplines and with all partners.
- EXCELLENCE: in all we do.
Applicants should provide names and contact information for three (3) references. All applicants should provide a cover letter, CV, and teaching statement in the Required Documents section.
Kettering University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer