Principal, Institutional Research
This individual will work collaboratively with team members from the Office of the Provost, educational and administrative leaders at Baylor College of Medicine to implement research to guide continuous quality improvement as a function of the SACSCOC accreditation process and in the area of health systems science. The individual in this position will serve as a resource for educational study design, research methodology, statistical analysis and the development of assessment tools and instruments. It is expected that this individual will support educational scholarship and human subject protocol development.
This position will report to the Associate Provost for Academic Affairs and Health Systems Science.
- Work collaboratively with faculty, staff and administrators to manage the process of institutional research in support of the SACSCOC accreditation process and broader missions of academic affairs and health systems science.
- Support key educational program compliance activities, through evaluation of program data and metrics as a foundation for timely and meaningful inquiry and scholarship.
- Contribute to and direct as needed, evidence-based processes and procedures for program quality review and assessment of outcomes data.
- Update and enhance processes and procedures to support institutional research outcomes.
- Participate actively in the development of training resources to support faculty seeking to conduct educational research.
- Support development of innovative educational scholarship across missions of academic affairs and health systems science.
- Develop instruments, tools and rubrics to support continuous quality improvement across education mission.
- Facilitate data collection through surveys, focus groups and other methods.
- Remain engaged with key principles of SACSCOC accreditation, to inform institutional research priorities. Coordinate submissions of academic scholarship for publication and/or presentation.
- Assist faculty in executing research projects that promote continuous quality improvement.
- Evaluate annual assessment reports and student learning outcomes for each department to promote continuous quality improvement.
- Participate actively in academic and administrative program systematic review.
- Support curricular, co-curricular areas and administrative units in research, data collection, analysis and loop-closing related to program assessment, outcomes and impact related to program assessment, outcomes and impact.
- Research study design and methodology, including preparation of human subjects protocols in accordance with generally accepted standards for research ethics and compliance.
- Strong skill in statistical/methodologic analysis, including the ability to create comprehensive and aesthetically-refined presentations and analysis of data and outcomes.
- Familiarity with higher education accreditation standards and processes, including best practice standards for higher education, teaching and adult learning.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft applications, including but not limited to MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Teams, Outlook and Access.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Eight years of relevant experience. Degrees in lieu of experience will not be accepted.
- Master’s degree, Doctorate degree in education (Ed.D. or Ph.D.) or related field preferred.
- Five years or equivalent relevant work experience within institution of higher education with demonstrated evidence of research expertise, including peer-reviewed publications, research study design and/or methodologic analysis.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston