Assistant Professor - Agricultural Business
This is a full-time, 9-month, tenure-track research (37.5%) and teaching (62.5%) position at the Assistant Professor level, with a teaching load of 15 credit hours (five courses) per academic year. We are interested in candidates with expertise in Regional Economics with a focus on community economic development. This position is funded through the Wisconsin Dairy Innovation Hub (https://dairyinnovationhub.wisc.edu/). The purpose of the Hub is to harness research and development to keep Wisconsin’s dairy community at the global forefront in producing nutritious dairy products in an economically, environmentally and socially sustainable manner. One priority of the Hub is to grow farm businesses and communities. Appointment date: August 23, 2021
• Conduct research related to regional economics as part of the Wisconsin Dairy Innovation Hub.
• Provide visibility of professional growth and development, including producing scholarly work in research, publications, grant writing, and academic presentations.
• Engage in program-related applied research and scholarly activities.
• Establish and maintain linkages with the agribusiness community within the state and region.
• Teach undergraduate courses in agricultural economics and agribusiness management.
• Develop and teach courses in regional economics.
• Develop new curricular initiatives that may include development of undergraduate and on-line courses.
• Serve as academic advisor for students in the Agricultural Business, Agricultural Studies, and/or (Agricultural) Marketing Communications programs.
• Serve as an advisor for co-curricular activities such as student clubs or organizations, internships, and student research projects.
• Participate in faculty governance and service activities at the departmental, college, and university-levels.
• Ph.D. in Agricultural Economics or a related area at the time of employment.
• Strong interest in and ability to teach agricultural economics and agricultural business courses to undergraduate students.
• Strong communication skills: listening, speaking and writing (including proofreading and editing)
• Strong statistical and database management skills
• Strong interest in and ability to provide academic advising to undergraduate students
• Strong interest in and ability to advise co-curricular activities such as student clubs or organizations, internships, or undergraduate research
• Experience in either GIS or regional economic development (e.g. IMPLAN)
• Documented evidence of successful teaching at the college level.
• Business and/or agricultural experiences in the U.S. or comparable setting.
• Documented evidence of successful teaching to extension audiences.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in River Falls
- Business & Management Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in River Falls
- Economics Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in River Falls
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in River Falls
- Agriculture & Animal Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in River Falls