Research Coordinator II
The Research Coordinator II will conduct day to day activities of extramurally funded population science research projects focusing on cancer control and survivorship. These activities include screening, enrollment, and monitoring of research participants; and, ensuring accurate data collection and documentation. The individual will assist with the conduct of focus groups and qualitative interviews and may assist with protocol amendments and preparing research reports as needed.
- Responsible for screening, recruiting, and consenting research participants. This involves identifying cancer patients from institutional databases, coordinating with physician collaborators to contact patients and caregivers in the clinic for the purpose of recruitment, explaining and educating patients/caregivers about the study protocol, and registering study participants on the protocol. Recruitment may be at any clinic affiliates of the Dan L Duncan Comprehensive Cancer Center or other sites in the Texas Medical Center depending on project needs.
- Conducts patient screening and abstracts data from the EPIC electronic health record system; processes documents and enters information into institutional and research databases including ONCORE and Microsoft Access and Excel databases that have been developed specifically for the study.
- Schedules research participants for research interviews and focus groups, ensures subjects complete study milestones, and conducts follow ups.
- Assists the PI in conducting focus groups, and the analysis and coding of qualitative data.
- May assist with protocol amendments in BRAIN and preparing research reports as needed.
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree in a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Experience Required: One year of relevant experience.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
- Masters degree in psychology, public health, or a related field
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Prior experience as a research assistant or coordinator in a clinical/medical settings
- Experience conducting qualitative research and doing qualitative coding
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.