Clinical Assistant Professor - Simulation Educator
Working Title Clinical Assistant Professor - Simulation Educator Department Simulation Center CHHS Full Time or Part Time? Full Time Position Number tbd Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University ( NKU ) seeks excellence by enriching its educational environment and culture through the diversity of its administration, faculty and staff and by embracing inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of its work. NKU is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution. We encourage applications by members of diverse groups and by persons with a demonstrated commitment to issues of diversity and experience in achieving goals relative to inclusive excellence.
Purpose of Position
The College of Health and Human Services is seeking applications for one full-time, non-tenure-track, simulation faculty position in the Center for Simulation Education (https://nku.edu/ihi/health-innovation-center-2/simulation-center.html)
NKU is built on core values that emphasize multidimensional excellence, learner-centered education, civic engagement, multiculturalism, innovation, collegiality, and collaboration across disciplines and professional fields.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, but especially from individuals who contribute to the diversity of our academic community.
For additional information on Northern Kentucky University, visit http://www.nku.edu.
NKU has a strong commitment to trans-disciplinary education and opened a new Health Innovation Center in the fall of 2018. The Center for Simulation Education is one-of-a-kind and provides the opportunity for the College of Health and Human Services and the Simulation Department to play a significant role in academic innovation as well as impact the health of the region.
The position reports to the Director of Clinical Simulation and will remain open until the position is filled.
The position will begin in the Spring, 2021 semester.
Simulation faculty responsibilities will include:
• Adhere to standards of best practice for simulation
• Plan, develop, and implement healthcare simulation education and training
• Simulation curriculum development
• Participate in research related to simulation
• Data collection, measurement, and analysis related to simulation
• Actively serves as an education liaison to all programs within and outside of Northern Kentucky University
• Assist with set up/tear down of simulation sessions
• Remain current in the discipline through research and attendance at professional continuing education seminars.
• Serve on committees as assigned and attend faculty, departmental, and other meetings as necessary.
• Work cooperatively with the simulation team
*The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and shall not be considered an exhaustive list off job responsibilities. Responsibilities are subject to change.
Bachelor’s Degree in a healthcare profession required and Master’s Degree preferred
CHSE certification or agreement to achieve CHSE certification within one year
Applicants must have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in simulation education within the immediate past five years
Teaching experience in simulation.
Flexibility of schedule to include some weekend/evening responsibilities
Must possess a valid license to practice in both Kentucky and Ohio or be eligible for licensure.
Inquiries should be directed to Gina Fieler, Director of Clinical Simulation. 859-572-6322
Any candidate who is offered this position will be required to go through a pre-employment criminal background check as mandated by state law.
Minimum Education Bachelor's Degree Preferred Education Master's Degree
Requisition Number 2020F508 Job Open Date 12/28/2020 Job Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Quick Link https://jobs.nku.edu/postings/9805 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Other Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport