MSN Clinical Placement Coordinator
Working Title MSN Clinical Placement Coordinator Department School of Nursing Full Time or Part Time? Full Time Position Number 0000000 Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University embraces inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of our work and seek excellence through diversity among our students, administrators, faculty, and staff. Application by members of diverse groups is encouraged.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution.
Purpose of Position
The College of Health and Human Services is seeking applications for one full-time 12-month, non- tenure track renewable faculty position for Clinical Placement Coordinator for the MSN Program in the School of Nursing. NKU is built on core values that emphasize multidimensional excellence, learner-centered education, civic engagement, multiculturalism, innovation, collegiality, and collaboration across disciplines and professional fields.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, but especially from individuals who contribute to the diversity of our academic community. NKU is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. We embrace inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of our work and seek excellence through diversity among our students, administrators, faculty, and staff. Applications by members of diverse groups are encouraged.
For additional information on Northern Kentucky University, visit http://www.nku.edu.
NKU has a strong commitment to trans-disciplinary education and the School of Nursing is located in the Health Innovations building, which offers opportunities for academic innovation and initiatives to affect the health of the region.
The position reports to the CHHS Director of Online Education.
The search will remain open until the position is filled.
The position will begin immediately.
The School of Nursing invites applications for one full-time 12-month, non- tenure track renewable faculty for the position of Clinical Placement Coordinator for the MSN Program in the School of Nursing. The MSN Clinical Placement Coordinator is responsible for student clinical placement support and coordination for the MSN program, which includes the following tracks: Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gero Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gero Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, Post MSN NP Certificate programs, Advancement NP Advancement Certificate programs, Nurse Educator, and Nurse Executive Leadership.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Creates and manages communication plan for all student clinical placement communication.
• Manage student clinical placement request process and to ensure placement of students for each 7-week session.
• Manage student clinical information email and communicate daily with students regarding needs.
• Collaborates with nursing leadership, including clinical faculty, to develop student clinical orientation and continuing education regarding clinical placement.
• Provides regular updates to nursing leadership about student preceptor needs, placement outcomes, and preceptor availability.
• Communicates with MSN Preceptor Coordinator regarding communication to preceptors for upcoming student placements.
• Prepares clinical forms for students requiring placements for selected agencies.
• Works with compliance team to address student compliance issues in preparation for clinical placement.
• Work with MSN Preceptor Coordinator and facility nursing educators for upcoming placement logistics, including management of hospital cohort placement needs.
• Communicates with MSN concentration coordinators for any student placement issue/needs.
• Bachelor’s degree required, experience in health care field preferred
• Experience in student advising and/or student services preferred
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiating, and communication skills required
• Previous work experience in an academic setting preferred
• Must be willing to learn/understand clinical requirements for advanced practice nursing programs
• Inquiries should be directed to Dr. Christian Gamm, CHHS Director of Online Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Any candidate offered this position is required to go through a pre-employment criminal background check as mandated by state law.
Minimum Education Bachelor's Degree Preferred Education Master's Degree
Requisition Number 2020F510 Job Open Date 12/28/2020 Job Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Quick Link https://jobs.nku.edu/postings/9865 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Why are you interested in this position?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Teaching Philosophy
- Diversity Statement