Lead, Academic Operations
This individual will work collaboratively with team members from the Office of the Provost, educational and administrative leaders at Baylor College of Medicine to fulfill key responsibilities including educational operational management for core accreditation processes, project and timeline management, procedure development and mapping, compliance monitoring, program support, policy review and collaboration with institutional compliance units to support accreditation requirements.
This position will report to the Associate Provost for Academic Affairs and Health Systems Science.
- Provide project and administrative management for institutional SACSCOC accreditation and academic compliance processes and operations.
- Develop and manage dashboards, project plans and process maps to track key action items, deliverables and workflows for institutional SACSCOC accreditation and compliance.
- Work collaboratively with faculty, staff and administrators to support the process of academic program outcome monitoring and evaluation for SACSCOC accreditation process.
- Support key educational program compliance activities, including engagement with SACSCOC accreditation continuity, accreditation readiness cycle management and ongoing review of accreditation standards.
- Maintain current knowledge of process, principles, guidelines, procedures and criteria for accreditation for SACSCOC .
- Ensure execution of timeline for academic program compliance program through proactive monitoring and risk assessment.
- Coordinate submission of official reports, substantive change and other key SACSCOC filings.
- Collate and review required evidentiary support for SACSCOC accreditation submissions, assessing for completeness, accuracy and quality.
- Support faculty and administrators in implementing assessment plans that foster student learning, degree attainment, and post-graduation success.
- Review with academic affairs team annual assessment reports and student learning outcomes for each department to promote continuous quality improvement.
- Participate actively in academic and administrative program systematic review.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Six years of relevant experience. Three to five years of relevant work experience within academic, health science or related setting.
- Master’s degree in education or related field.
- Project Management Professional certification preferred.
- Support curricular, co-curricular areas and administrative units in research, data collection, analysis and loop-closing related to program assessment, outcomes and impact.
- Prepare reports, slide presentations and outcomes/data reports.
- Serve as a resource for faculty and staff for training on assessment and accreditation initiatives.
- Ability to manage large scale, time-sensitive projects, monitor and manage timelines, deadlines and deliverables, with demonstrated measures of success.
- Experience in creating dashboards and databases and with tracking compliance and outcomes.
- Familiarity with accreditation, compliance and/or risk assessment protocols and procedures.
- Knowledge of higher education accreditation standards and processes preferred.
- Working knowledge of accreditation/assessment software.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft applications, including but not limited to MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams and Access.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Accreditation Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Curriculum & Instructional Development Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston