A Lab Manager position is available in the Laboratory for Regenerative Tissue Repair within the Department of Surgery at the Texas Children's Hospital in Houston. The applicant will participate in a variety of ongoing basic science, model development, bioengineering, and translational studies. Must possess laboratory skills in cell and tissue culture, microscopy, image processing and analysis, rodent colony management and handling, histological, molecular biology, and biochemical analyses. As lab manager, the applicant is responsible for fostering the efficient use and flow of the laboratory's financial and scientific resources to improve technical activities as well as assisting in formulating and implementing short and long-term goals for the operation of the laboratory.
The lab manager will assist with necessary administrative and scientific reporting and project management responsibilities of funding contracts and awards, handling the laboratory's finances and resources including intramural and extramural grant awards and development funds and gifts, and coordinating all communication within the lab as well as with external collaborative groups. The lab manager will be responsible for maintaining the laboratory equipment, supplies, protocols and procedures, communicating with vendors, ordering supplies and keeping track of deliveries and the associated budgetary issues related to various projects, as well as generating and maintaining accurate inventory lists of lab supplies. In addition, the lab manager will manage the backup of material and data, accuracy of lab books, and incorporation of materials and reagents into the lab's databases. Will maintain lab website with regard to lab news, publications, arrivals, departures, and CVs and be responsible for lab safety, compliance programs and the lab's online presence.
The lab manager will also interface with Department of Surgery leadership to provide financial reporting to ensure timely and accurate financial management of the grants and lab and personnel expenses.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Five years of relevant experience, with prior supervisory experience. Experience working in a laboratory setting heavily involved in basic science research with multiple animal/ disease models with in vitro, in vivo and in silico work is required.
- The ability to write materials and methods of manuscripts, working on ancillary grant documents, such as but not limited to, biosketches, equipment and facilities, budget justification and authentication of key biologicals, letters-of-support drafts is expected. Content development for communication of lab discoveries and editing manuscripts and grants is desired.
- Candidates with a Master's degree with 3-5 years of experience or candidates with advanced doctoral degrees with expertise in basic science research will also be considered. Previous experience in grant writing and submission process is desired.
- Experience managing grant finances and budgetary reporting is also preferred.
The applicant must have excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail and be capable of independent as well as collaborative work, possess outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to create and maintain excellent working relationships in a team environment. Multitasking abilities, flexibility, and adaptability to changing and challenging environment are essential. The lab manager will also be responsible for occasional mini symposium organization with in TMC.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston