Advanced Practice Professional-Primary Care -86000
POSITION SUMMARY : The Advanced Practice Professional (APP) has coordination and clinical skills required for the comprehensive management of primary care and behavioral medicine patients, (including biological, social and psychological assessments). The APP coordinates involvement of medical specialty teams necessary to develop a comprehensive plan for the patient, and reviews the plan of care with the other members of the clinical team, participates in directing that care, performs diagnostic/therapeutic procedures and coordinates discharge planning (as applicable). The APP participates in the education of residents and medical/nursing students.
Provide healthcare services consistent with state law and the requirements of the professional licensing or certification authority and/or hospital privileges, where applicable. Such service may include, but are not limited to.
Minimum Qualifications for Nurse Practitioners:
- Graduate of a CCNE accredited nursing program with Master’s Degree in Nursing.
- National Certification by one of the recognized APRN Certification Centers.
- Licensure or eligibility for licensure, as a professional Registered Nurse and Advanced Practice Registered Nurse in Maryland.
- BLS Certification required with additional Advanced Life Support training at the discretion of the department
.- Eligible new graduates will be considered.
Minimum Qualifications for Physician Assistants:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree as a Medical/Surgical (as applicable) Physician Assistant.
- Graduate of an ARC-PA approved Physician Assistant (PA) training program.
- Certification by the National Commission for Certification of Physician Assistants.
- Must be licensed or eligible for licensure by the MD Board of Medicine.
- BLS Certification required with additional Advanced Life Support training at the discretion of the department.
- Eligible new graduates will be considered.
Please click on the link below to open and review the detailed job description and minimum qualifications:
Advanced Practice Professional - Primary Care
Notes To Applicants
This position will mostly be Primary Care. Candidate should be comfortable working with pediatric patients.