Posting Number F00629 Position Title Librarian Internal Position Title Librarian Department Library Position Type Full-Time Faculty Job Family Faculty Job Summary
The CLC Library seeks an individual to provide library instruction, research and reference services to the CLC community. The College is committed to a Strategic Plan emphasizing access, success, collaboration, equity and inclusion. The Library seeks an individual dedicated to teaching and learning excellence who also:
• Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching strategies
• Creates a learning environment that promotes a sense of belonging for all students
• Demonstrates commitment to creating a personalized learning experience that reflects cultural consciousness
• Reflects the diversity of our community
The College of Lake County ( CLC ) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences. The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships, and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni.
Mission: The College of Lake County is a comprehensive community college committed to equitable, high-quality education, cultural enrichment and partnerships to advance the diverse communities it serves.
Vision: The College of Lake County is a leader in providing innovative education and workforce solutions.
Values: Excellence, Purpose, Integrity, Compassion, Unity and Inclusion
College of Lake County is committed to a diverse workforce that represents our student body. Our search process is designed to promote increasing the diversity of our full-time faculty. Search committee members are committed to diversity and this serves as the basis of a successful search at CLC .
1. Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science from ALA accredited institution.
2. Demonstrated effective teaching, presentation and communication skills.
3. Proven commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
1. Bilingual in Spanish.
2. Experience in a community college setting.
Posting Date 12/23/2020 Closing Date 02/15/2021 Expected Start Date 08/09/2021 Special Instructions Summary
Applicants selected for an interview will be required to submit a minimum of two (2) letters of recommendation.
This is a full-time, tenure track faculty position. Salary placement is commensurate with education and experience. The minimum 2021 – 2022 academic year (Fall & Spring Semester) base salary range is $60,913 with a master’s degree to $77,349 with a doctorate in the subject field. Optional contract for the summer session offers potential for significantly greater earnings.
Faculty may be assigned to any of the three CLC campuses; Grayslake, Lakeshore or Southlake. New faculty hires are required to attend orientation the week prior to the contract start date of August 16, 2021.
Foreign Transcripts: Transcripts issued outside the United States require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA .
Posting may remain open until the position is filled.
Pay Rate Per faculty contract. Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Location Grayslake Total Hours per week 40.00 Work Schedule
35 hours per week during the academic year while classes are in session.
Ability to work days, evening and weekends as determined by the needs of the program in any given semester. Ability to work at all campus locations as needed (Grayslake, Lakeshore or Southlake).
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Software Testing Required None Interview Process Requirements Presentation, Writing Samples Summary of Essential Functions
1. Understands reference as an open, welcoming teaching space in which to work one on one with students
2. Guides students through critical thinking, reflection, and independent learning
3. Participates in inclusive collection development that supports student research, curriculum, and teaching needs
4. Maintains knowledge of current and emerging trends, issues, and best practices in academic libraries
5. Participates in CLC Library budget planning and the formulation of goals, policies, and procedures
6. Serves on and participates in CLC Library and college-wide committees and meetings
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master’s degree or higher in Library and
Information Science from an ALA accredited institution?
- Do you have work experience in a community college setting?
- Are you bilingual in Spanish and English?
- Cover Letter
- Teaching Philosophy
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Humanities Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- English & Literature Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Library & Information Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake